The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Get Me Out Of Here - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Get Me Out Of Here (/showthread.php?tid=101677)

Get Me Out Of Here - Firemon - 02-05-2017

Luggage slashed with a knife.

RE: Get Me Out Of Here - CardBoardBox - 02-06-2017

A rather interesting choice for a subject line, but enough to get me to view the video.

Just the other day I found a web site which shows 300 rentals/rooms in Negril. Small places (too) which had rates as low as $15. But as the video implies, one gets what they pay for.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Negril--Westmoreland-Parish--Jamaica

Having luggage slashed/things stolen, while not often announced, is never a welcome thing but IS an important aspect. Theft can happen at even the high priced places too, no?

RE: Get Me Out Of Here - Firemon - 02-06-2017

"This is my last day at the Judy House.  Hallelujah.  Get me out of here."

RE: Get Me Out Of Here - Oldtimer2 - 02-06-2017

I smell negativity !!!

RE: Get Me Out Of Here - CardBoardBox - 02-07-2017

OT; it's not negativity, it's a dead fish. (Sorry. I have no real basis for the humorous (?) remark.)

While the site I referenced is an alternative source for small hotels/rooms, which is sorely needed for the west end, the two aspects missed in the judy house listing were : free in-room suna, and, internal motivational factor to get pon-the-road before the sun gets too high.

I like roosters whom announce the coming of dawn, being a morning person, but the crowing at 2:30 AM  is not unknown.

The blogger who made the video complained about the extra taxi fare to go up the hill. True. Some hotels are a bit off the beaten path. Even Tigress-II is an uphill walk, although I haven't thought of that place since Rob moved out and MusicMon died.

RE: Get Me Out Of Here - Firemon - 02-08-2017

RE: Get Me Out Of Here - shipmaster - 02-08-2017

Seems about right.

Cap

RE: Get Me Out Of Here - CardBoardBox - 02-09-2017

good vid, if one likes a hillside area full of rocks and growing stuff. Smile

The gal posted an hour video of walking to ricks. Because of her stops, sections of the road are not shown.

The bus park (where the taxis start for both routes) is perhaps a place not everyone has gone to. I remember when I was driven there by my friend, alighted and I heard "white guy. White guy." I laughed to myself because it was akin to "potential charter customer arriving."

And when she walked into Harmon bakery, which I do often, my mind wanted to say my usual. "Two beef, one coco bread."

Before that I thought "turn left. The fruit and veg sellers are up that lane."

Not a lot of foot traffic in that hour video. She also chose the wrong side of the road to walk on at the church curve, IMO.