The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Wow !!! we have been called.. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Wow !!! we have been called.. (/showthread.php?tid=101671)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - daniel - 02-03-2017

hope to see ya on the beach , y'all !!!!!! Soon Come !

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - CardBoardBox - 02-04-2017

Yada, yada, yada, and the fish was good.

Only the first 3 words are the quote from the Sienfeld TV episode, but I think it describes my reaction.

From another TV show, the song "everybody knows your name" describes how good it feels  to be known, alas respected or liked.
Except for some infighting, we are a family. Any board is. One of my fondest memories was getting into a taxi with strangers and one guy knew my boardie name. We share, we give, we help build up a message board, then we end up on the 'rejected' list because we slipped up; we forgot that the happy news board's purpose is to keep someone employeed, and after 25 years?, it must have done very well for him. Why wouldn't he protect what consumes 18 hours of every day.

Meeting friends you have never seen before? Recently I met one gal at the MBJ lost luggage dept and another on the tourist bus into Negril who knew me because of here. No postings, due to intent or banishment, means there is nothing to build upon, unless one is publically outgoing, which isn't me beyond a passing smile as I walk by. Sad

"hope to see ya on the beach" by daniel is a nice thought. Wouldn't it be nice if there were more "good vibs", but for all the lurkers who have a phobia with their keyboards, well, glad the rest of us entertained you during your visit.

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - Boobycay - 02-04-2017

Hello, I have been to The Good Ship Lollipop board and realize they are trying to block "fake news" but there seems to be some alarming violence in Negril. I don't know all of the instances, but just read that there was a murder at Christmas, and there were police in the beauty shop. What shop was this? Was it the beauty shop near Burger King? We go to that shop when we visit Negril.

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - Westenders - 02-04-2017

Boobycay the incident you referred to was in and next to the barber shop by the corner bar, not the beauty shop

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - TAH - 02-08-2017

jeanne, I kind of feel like you're still "stirring the pot", albeit unintentionally. You need more of the background, and history to grasp the full picture of why some people feel the way that they do, and why it is discussed on this site. Taking that comment to another site the way that you did was probably not the best choice, fwiw. 

To the board here in general, as to why people don't post more; I think there are a lot of reasons, but can only really speak for myself. This will probably offend some, but that isn't my intent. Honestly, I get really turned off by all of the nonsense threads that have nothing to do with anything. Nobody replies, but they keep coming. If there were more actual discussion, I would probably participate. Also, fwiw, I'm also turned off by some of the bitching about the "other board", even if I agree with some of it. I do think it goes too far at times. But I do understand it, if that makes any sense at all. 

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - TAH - 02-08-2017

cardboardbox: lobster bisque 

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - jamaicajeanne - 02-09-2017

Tah,
The interesting thing about opinions is that we are each entitled to our own Smile

I have seen plenty of examples of why there is tension from both sides and I personally am not really interested...again, we are each entitled to our own feelings. Those who feel wronged should simply not participate or care what is being posted on other boards, IMHO.

I find it interesting that your posts starts out chastising me for stating my opinions, however you end your post with exactly the same feelings I have been talking about.

Cool runnigs Tah! Bless up!

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - AquarianFlight - 02-09-2017

There seems to be some technical issues on that board? Meh. A boring tourist board in my opinion. Not interested or needy of any of the discussions there, politics and personalities aside.

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - TAH - 02-09-2017

I have seen plenty of examples of why there is tension from both sides and I personally am not really interested.

Well, forgive me for having a different impression, considering that you commented on two separate message boards to state why you don't understand it. That's sort of the definition of being "interested". If you don't want to grasp the nuances of the "situation", that's fine, but don't ask if you don't really want the answer (or the answer isn't to your liking). 

And you are clearly missing my point on that last bit, but that's okay. 

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - jamaicajeanne - 02-09-2017

What I probably should have said is that I am no longer interested, LOL. And, once again, we are each entitled to our own opinions, or impressions. I asked a question, made a few comments and now that I know how many of you feel, it is time to move on.

Have a great afternoon.