The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Wow !!! we have been called.. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Wow !!! we have been called.. (/showthread.php?tid=101671)

Pages: 1 2 3

Wow !!! we have been called.. - Oldtimer2 - 02-03-2017

Rejects . I went for a visit on Bobby's board and read a thread on rumors . Then in the centre of a half decent topic we ,as us , were called " rejects ". That was harsh. There was a lot to say about "oldtimer(s) " and I'm not sure if they were talking directly about me . I've been called many things in my life but a reject , that's a 1st .

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - kylake - 02-03-2017

I have not been to the other board in years but I do remember the peeps there don't seem to like this board.
There was an Isla Mujeres board years ago that would speak the truth like this board does. The (goodie, goodie) nothing is ever wrong (usually blaming the victim) referred to us as a Toxic Vine and we actually adopted the name and became known as the Toxic Vine.
When the owner of the board finally gave it up, a new FB page was created called The Toxic Vine.
So don't mind being a "reject" as long as I am on the board that speaks the truth and real news. I don't need any "alternative facts" that are not true and simply a white wash of the "real facts" when there is real trouble.

I just wish more peeps that lurk would also take time to post. I do remember in the poll I did that the greatest reason people picked for not posting was fear of reprisal if they post here. It was an anonymous poll and got  hundreds of views but only 23 actually took the poll.
[attachment=2567]

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - Westenders - 02-03-2017

Well I had a look to see what all this was about

i don't identify with rejects as I left that board voluntarily. But if I was banned I would rather be a reject than bullied.

Most people on that board darent even express their true feelings or fears about some of the issues facing Negril as they know it would attract the wraith of Khan and his worshippers.

The young whippersnapper they are hailing up who stated about the oldies is just an ugly boy trying to fit in with that Particular community.

The veiled nastiness directed at this harry and papa Georgie is just vile, and inititiated by the leaders of that board.

I can't see how this board can be seen as negative and that board described as the leader keeping it real??

I stopped coming on these boards as none of them represent or are relative to my particular journeys in Jamaica.
But I prefer this board personally, and still lurk here, hence seeing all this.

Couldn't see anything about bongo johns murder or the business mans murder on there when I looked. So I suppose when he says keeping it real, he must mean like where the red stripes are.
Negril had changed a lot , safety is more worrying.
When the business man was murdered at Christmas police had a presence on the roundabout. I supposed they hoped to find the killer in someone's boot of their car. Didn't see any stops.
There was also 6 male and female cops in the beauty shop the day after. Even a sandals worker cracked joke on them.

Sorry Jamaica Jeannie felt the way she did, but I would like to hear from her again , in the event she disagrees with something the head honcho says.
If she didn't find those posts attacking and distasteful to the ' dissenters' then !! Sigh!!!

And she did just what she accused people on here of doing to be fair.

That guy is not Negril, thankfully. In fact Ive never laid eyes on him there. So if he doesn't experience my Negril then how holistic is his knowledge.
He also spoke about talking to contacts for the truth .. truth is subjective and could be argued as passing on the gossip he is berating people about.
This Negril gossip mill he speaks about us no different to anywhere when shit happens.

When they refer to following his forum rules or jog on from the board... I find it laughable. He will be building a flippin wall next

Anyways , hi to everyone, keep on doing what you do freely and without fear of being berated.

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - JonTom - 02-03-2017

Haven't been to that board in a long,long time. Even though this raises my curiosity, I'm still not going to look. Got sick of it long ago.

I don't mind being a 'reject' or whatever someone I don't respect wants to label me.

I do admit to lurking here more often than posting.

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - daniel - 02-03-2017

I visit and post on both boards . Great folks on both . I don't have a problem disregarding the obvious bs .  Pettiness and disagreements over someone else's opinion seems pointless to me .    I haven't read most of that thread  , I will . 

So I did ..... tame thread really . Sad truth's ....we are getting old ... !

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - shipmaster - 02-03-2017

At 74 with 50 years in Jamaica I'm damn old.

Cap

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - Flintstone - 02-03-2017

I saw the post also. No Problem Man, I have never been a member of that site and will never join. That site is good for beginners, and sometimes is usefull to find concerts and events. It is frustrating to read how they sway the truth and no one dares speak up to the master, Rome could be ablaze all around them and no one would say that its happening. As far as age goes, Negril does have many 50 plus travellers. At Jah' b's where we stayed last year, roughly 1/2 the guests were 50 plus, similar figures at Sun Beach where we like to hang out. That is part of the draw of Negril like attracts like, very easy to get to know people in your own age group. We are useally there by now and I do miss Negril this winter.

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - jamaicajeanne - 02-03-2017

Hi Everyone, I am here Smile lurking as usual.

Westender-to be fair, you should have just copied my post here. I did not call out anyone but you felt the need to mention my name. I do not like the negative aspects of either board, but I do like reading about Jamaica.

What I actually said was that I do not completely understand this board and all of the constant negativity. I see many of the same user names here and there but then many come back to this board to poke fun and make sarcastic comments...some even try to start the sarcasm on the other board. I also said that there is a lot of interesting music and occasionally posts regarding parts of the island I have never visited. Additionally, I said that much of the content of this board unfortunately does not draw me to Jamaica. I also pointed out that the administrator of that board has a few rules and compared it to an employee/employer relationship. I clearly know what the expectations are from my employer and if I am not willing or able to meet those expectations then I should simply move on to another relationship. I certainly do not understand why so many here want to keep the feud going and continue to churn the waters. Many of you seem to have your reasons, but I simply do not get it. No, I don't need everyone to explain it to me again. I personally know that I am an adult and that I am responsible for my own life, thoughts and feelings and the holding grudges makes us old and miserable. I also suggested that if you cannot let go of grudges then maybe those folks should just move on....move on from whichever board irritates you.

Many months ago, I posted on this board just asking why everyone had to continue to be so negative and the answers were interesting and some were not so kind. I also got private emails telling me why there were bad feelings. I tried to point out that some of you are not very welcoming and a newbie to this board might not be interested in participating, but very few posters seemed to care....no biggie for me. There was even a post on this board about not letting the board wither and die..again, when I tried to point out a small reason why....well things did not go well.

I participate in 3 message boards. One is heavily censored. One is slightly censored and this one is wide open which makes for a strange and interesting dynamic and mix of information. I personally do not care about the sensational and not completely true articles that get posted anywhere and I find fake news to be really irritating...I personally would rather wait for the whole and true story before making a judgement. One case in point was the Royalton collapse. Many, many posters jumped in immediately with incorrect information...who does that help? I completely understand that it is tough to get the whole story from Jamaican news outlets, but I have also seen posts on some of the boards that start out as "I recently saw on social media..." Well, if it is on the internet it must be true right? LOL!

I also thought the poll about why many do not post was interesting and I did participate in that. The overwhelming answer was that many do not post because they are afraid of reprisal, but on one seemed to consider that or make any changes.

Again, just to be clear, I did not call out anyone or this board and I do not believe that I participated in any sarcasm or untruths. You all comment that you want this board to be "real", but keeping it "real" also involves accepting other opinions. But some of you, IMHO, just need to let a few things go, or stay away from the board that irritates you.

I will continue to lurk here and get good ideas about new music or new places to find adventure. I hope that each of us tries to think about other points of view and maybe how we can all get along....can you tell I come from the days of Peace, Love and Flower Power?

Cool Runnings everyone!
Jeanne

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - shipmaster - 02-03-2017

Well said Jeanne!

Respect

RE: Wow !!! we have been called.. - jamaicajeanne - 02-03-2017

One additional thought,
When I posted my original post "over there" I was concerned that I would be involved in this controversy and in my old hippie mind, I really hate the controversy. I actually deleted that post and re posted other thoughts. Since I have been drawn in again and I feel as though I have been kind of singled out, I have asked if it could be reposted....not sure if it will, but I saved it and can post it again on either board. I now have absolutely no hesitation regarding what I said in either post and both of them are my "real thoughts", so I feel as though I am "keeping it real". I also do not feel like I am trying to look through rose colored glasses.

To be clear, I did not call anyone rejects nor did I single out any specific poster on either site. Also, I try to live my life "real" every day which is what frustrates me with all of the negative posts....Isn't there already enough negativity in this world?

As with all things, we are each entitled to our own opinions, and I firmly believe that everyone, everywhere should be more tolerant, accepting and forgiving. I am also glad that this forum is here and open for opinions...we do not all have to agree, but maybe we should each practice a little more tolerance.

Cool runnings, peace and joy to everyone Smile