The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
news on the shooting in Negril - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: news on the shooting in Negril (/showthread.php?tid=101628)

news on the shooting in Negril - Sharleen - 12-24-2016

http://www.negrilfanclub.com/2016/12/22/two-persons-died-got-shot-negril-2-days-christmas/

Streamer... I couldn't reply to your thread for some reason so I started another one.  If you scroll down from this article, there is another one about a shooting that happened several weeks ago across from MiYard.  I usually leave for Jamaica on December 27th, the airfares are much lower then.  Christmas is always really crowded in Negril, really really crowded. 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all, enjoy your family over the holidays. 

RE: news on the shooting in Negril - Streamertail - 12-24-2016

Thank you for the link, I couldn't find anything. The odd thing is that I saw cell phone photos of the people shot but didn't get much more info. One was still in the barber's chair. Sick and sad, all were young by the looks of it.

RE: news on the shooting in Negril - Sharleen - 12-24-2016

Here is another article:
http://www.loopjamaica.com/content/men-shot-dead-negril-hairdressing-parlour

RE: news on the shooting in Negril - Streamertail - 12-24-2016

The person that showed me the photos, taken before the cops showed up, had me morbidly fascinated and I didn't hear a thing he said. Thanks for the links.

RE: news on the shooting in Negril - Passion4Diving - 12-25-2016

So much for a crime-free Christmas.  So sad that violence is increasing in Negril.

RE: news on the shooting in Negril - AquarianFlight - 12-26-2016

It was actually pretty slow here right before Christmas. Seems like the influx will pick up this week, that is what business owners here are hoping for and expecting.

This shooting was a "hit" obviously. Websites that show graphic images of the victims lying dead in a pool of blood should not be linked or encouraged. Say what you will about the victims - they are somebody's sons, fathers, husbands....

The Negril of today knows no holiday when it comes to this shit. Its really disturbing. BUT...it has nothing to do with tourists and the majorly increased police presence makes sure of that and protects the innocent residents as well.

Phun Phact: The population of Negril has more than doubled since 2000. More people in small places makes more tension and increases all kinds of crime. Just another factor in this mess.

RE: news on the shooting in Negril - kylake - 12-27-2016

Local or tourist, here or anywhere it is sad news for sure.