The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Negril vs Treasure Beach or Little Bay - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Negril vs Treasure Beach or Little Bay (/showthread.php?tid=101600)

Negril vs Treasure Beach or Little Bay - jamaicajeanne - 11-17-2016

I am relatively new to this board and we have been visiting Jamaica for the last 5 years. We have stayed at a Couples resort in Ochi and we have been to Negril. The beach at Negril is beautiful, however, I personally do not completely enjoy all of the hustle on the beach....my husband on the other hand, is very amused by it...just a difference in our personalities. I like to sit in my chair and erase many thoughts from my head and simply enjoy some escape from the rat race we live in.

We were just in Ochi for hurricane Matthew. Thank goodness our beautiful Jamaica did not take a direct hit. However, we were 3 days in to our 10 day vacation when my husband woke up and literally could not walk. We had to have the bellmen come get him to get to meals and to the beach. Then, 2 days later was the hurricane. To come home we needed wheelchair assist through all of the airports...since we have been home, we have found that his L2, 3 & 4 vertebrae completely collapsed and trapped a bunch of nerves....he had to immediately have surgery and now has all kinds of metal hardware to stabilize his spine....

Anyway, as he heals, I would like to surprise him by planning an "unplanned" trip to Jamaica as we both feel that we were kind of "cheated" out of our Jamaica fix. Knowing that January and February are very busy times especially in Negril, I have started to think about Little Bay or Treasure Beach. I must say that those of you who post photos have some very beautiful photos from TB and I am pulled by the idea that I would definitely feel the peace and quite I enjoy. I am also curious about the cabins at Little Bay and that area looks beautiful too! Anyone with experience or advice to help with my decision?

Bless up!

RE: Negril vs Treasure Beach or Little Bay - daniel - 11-17-2016

If you want quiet , but cool bohemian international with a Jamaican backdrop ,  treasure beach may satisfy . Great local and international expat community ... a good art , food , activity  selection for different strokes . I love TB , and have mostly sought out more rural / quiet destinations for our holiday . We have loved them all .   Funny thing , after avoiding Negril for 35 years ,  we both realized we really enjoyed the fun  that is  Negril beach and all that goes with it   . Looking  forward  to returning asap .

A few pics from TB , mostly Frenchmans beach , over the years ...

RE: Negril vs Treasure Beach or Little Bay - Oldtimer2 - 11-18-2016

TB and Negril...night and day . The chance of someone bothering you in TB is rare . It is quiet , dark , peaceful ..just a great place to re-vamp your soul. There is good food everywhere . Stroll along and when you need a drive whether it's 100 yards or 100 miles there will be a driver for you . 2 years ago my youngest daughter and 3 kids stayed with me there and I have been working in and visiting Jamaica since the 60's and had NEVER rented a villa before . It blew me away .

RE: Negril vs Treasure Beach or Little Bay - JonTom - 11-18-2016

Love the photos Daniel. Thanks for taking time to post them.

RE: Negril vs Treasure Beach or Little Bay - jamaicajeanne - 11-18-2016

Yes Daniel, Thank you!
Thank you too OT..."re-vamp" my soul sounds perfect!

RE: Negril vs Treasure Beach or Little Bay - treasure beach bum - 11-19-2016

Great pictures, Treasure Beach is sure a great spot. We were to return there in Oct. but were scared off to MoBay because of the huricane. We will get back.

RE: Negril vs Treasure Beach or Little Bay - ohliz - 11-20-2016

I was last in TB 3 years ago and wrote a lot about it: http://travelsinjamaica.com/treasure-beach-and-south-coast-2013

...and also about the differences between it and Negril. 

Long story short, I MUCH prefer TB to Negril, but often spend a day or two in Negril after a week in TB. That's our general plan for our next visit as well.