The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Other board... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Other board... (/showthread.php?tid=101591)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Other board... - Firemon - 11-15-2016

Dude vs Drama Queen

RE: Other board... - Papa Georgie - 11-15-2016

For what its worth, I don't recall making any "vile" posts about "Mexicans".  What I do recall is that the Mexican based hotel chain Karisma (Azul Senstatori in Negril) was sand mining the old Mahogany Inn beach and wondering how they were getting away with it. My post of "Mexicans own Jamaica" was an indictment of the Jamaican government, not Mexicans.   

RE: Other board... - oldtimer - 11-17-2016

Jeanne ...of course you can have an opinion . There have been many people come and gone here ,but very few "bad people ". Do I personally have any good feelings about " King Bobby " no !!!! But I can say there are lots and lots of people on " the other board " that have very interesting stories and trip reports and pic that are beautiful and fun telling . He is very childish ,stamps his feet too much and tends to scold visitors if they don't completely understand something . This board was almost started because of his vile ,cold hearted ,disgusting , self centered ,lewd  email sent by him to the sweetest ,honest , heartfelt , loving , person that ever visited Jamaica . She is a person we know as Our Jenny . I will never forgive him for that and have been in places he was ( he has no idea what I look like ) and found it almost unbearable the desire to talk to him concerning that email .

RE: Other board... - Blues Pirate - 11-17-2016

Well said OT.

RE: Other board... - jamaicajeanne - 11-17-2016

Still lurking here, LOL!
I can completely understand bad feelings and disagreements.  What I do not understand is that some of the folks on this board STILL actively participate on that board and then a few come back here to poke fun and make demeaning statements....I personally do not find that necessary and feel that a few here are just as bad as you all claim "he" is.  I joined all of the boards to learn things about Jamaica, find different music, learn about different places to stay, eat and see travelers photos...I find it all very interesting.  Being a relative newbie to Jamaica (have only been visiting for the last 5 years) I find very helpful information that I may not have ever discovered on my own....these things are what a message board is for, not for petty arguments and demeaning statements.  

It was never my intention to attack anyone or anything, I just find it frustratingly petty and thought maybe some of you would like to think about how a newbie to the board may view things....obviously I could have worded my statements more carefully.  There were several posts over the summer about letting this board "wither and die" or why there are so many "lurkers" and not participators....even a survey of why some do not post.  One poster even referred to the "elite few" being a turn off for others. These few seem become very demeaning when someone has a different opinion or point of view ...I don't know any of you personally and I am assuming that we would all have a GREAT DEAL of fun over a few cold Red Stripes as we work out the world's problems, but for goodness sake, lighten up!  And, if there are such bad feelings, why do you still participate on the "other" board?

Bless up!  

RE: Other board... - oldtimer - 11-17-2016

I can't answer for that . But I do know that people posting things there would get " kootoo's " by these people on this board more than you might think . Welcome and PLEASE !!! give us a topic to discuss . Over and out from Downtown Nova Scotia

RE: Other board... - jamaicajeanne - 11-17-2016

Will do and thank you for the welcome!!

RE: Other board... - JonTom - 11-17-2016

OT, what is "kootoo"???

Welcome JamaicaJeanne

RE: Other board... - CardBoardBox - 11-17-2016

kootoos, possibly kudos: NOUN

1. an expression of approval and commendation;
- Example: "he always appreciated praise for his work"
[syn: praise, congratulations, kudos, extolment]

i use "happy news" because there was a time ONLY positive views were allowed. Warning people not to walk near the bushes at night and even reporting the theft of one's own shoes were removed/deleted because it reflected poorly on Negril's image. Things R different now, but just as Jews do not pronounce a certain name of God and people do not say the name of a certain Shakespear play, I will not type the name of one web site.

BTW, attacks are interuptive. Someone posted "I can't believe I need to tell you this..." and "Maybe it's time you took your..." which I did not take kindly to but I got over it because there was no malice. A better example is a friend of mine who often says "Don't forget ..." to very simple answers as though speaking to a six year old. It irks me but ...people have their style/manorism.

said
implied
infered
heard

You do not have permission to leave this board. (Humor is one of the hardest things to convey on the Internet.) Please stay

RE: Other board... - oldtimer - 11-18-2016

JonTom....bad spelling on my part . English is not my 1st language and it shows sometimes/lots . Kudo's is the word .