The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Ja (gang) culture question - US Flag - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Ja (gang) culture question - US Flag (/showthread.php?tid=101573)

Ja (gang) culture question - US Flag - JonTom - 10-21-2016

Question on a mural for a gang member and the use of the US Flag. The alleged gang member was one of the people shot in LA recently (it was in US news too).
The photo in this news story shows a mural that appears to be a US Flag simile. I guess he lived (at least part time) in the US, and JA gangs running things in the US goes way back, but still I found it odd that they'd actually use US flag in a memorial mural.

Anyone got a good explanation?

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/lead-stories/20161021/reprisal-fears-may-stop-rodigan-wake

RE: Ja (gang) culture question - US Flag - Oldtimer2 - 10-23-2016

they are "The posse " which is Big , Violent and making a statement much the same if it was a Hell's Angel or Mongul or the likes . Culture as some people like to call it . This is the same as 99% of all pimps in Canada come from Halifax and are called NPF which stands for North Preston's Finest . Is there a pattern here ,hmm , I'm not sure .

RE: Ja (gang) culture question - US Flag - Sharleen - 10-24-2016

I've been following that story, at first I thought the owner of the home (and also "cookshop") was Bob Marley's former cook Gilly, but definitely not, this Jamaican's name is Dilly.  We have quite a bit of places in NY like what his home sounds like, definitely not any kind of "dancehall" scene, just great old time Jamaican music, good food, backyard set up nice, not a "young" group coming, mostly older people coming for some nice music and food.  Definitely nothing to do with "gang" type of activities.  FLAGS are often used, I'm wondering if this is a kind of play-off on one of the murdered name of "Radigan" -- I know this particular article says he was referred to as "Rodigan" but I don't think so, I'm pretty sure his name was "Radigan".
   Most of you know of David Rodigan, the U.K. radio personality and sound system man.  Let me tell you, here in NY, CT, NJ, RI & MA, when there is a Rodigan dance Jamaicans who never hardly ever go out turn out in big numbers, many carrying U.K. flags to hold up and wave when they are dancing to his very cultural musical selection.  
    Here is one of the articles on what happened:
http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-91711349/

RE: Ja (gang) culture question - US Flag - JonTom - 10-25-2016

Well, some comments on that article demand that the "memorial" be bulldozed (with others noting the politicians would never allow that as they need the gang support).

Another comment asked "what's up with the flag" (no, it wasn't me commenting), but no answer.