The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Samsara - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Samsara (/showthread.php?tid=101571)

Samsara - Firemon - 10-18-2016

RE: Samsara - Oldtimer2 - 10-18-2016

Samsara was / maybe still is a beautiful resort . It had many wonderful shows in days gone by . Terrible road outside the compound . It has a sister resort on the beach , Legends I believe .

RE: Samsara - rastagirl777 - 10-18-2016

I stayed at SamSara for eleven years before renting my house deep west end.  Back then it was a little "rough" - defnitely nothing luxurious but the staff was great and I never ate anything on property, lol.

Became friendly with the owners, got a tour of Legends when it was being built.  Saw quite a few shows there - being a guest during a show was kinda like having a backstage pass....danced on my porch to Freddie McGreggor.

Always stayed in the same room - T4.  Loved my little "hut on a stick".

Tried (unsucessfully I'm afraid) to bring California wine in for Ariel's bar mitzvah.  Now he runs tings.  Wild.

Its been a long time since I've been on that property but my time there in the 90's were fun.

RE: Samsara - CardBoardBox - 10-18-2016

How many rooms do they have? I ask because many times I have seen them listed as part of of an airlines fly-hotel package, which the airlines will not due with a really small resort (so I think.)

2nd hand info, SS offers a meal plan but only in high season.

My only experience with SS, and I still use the concept today, is a 9 PM concert starts at one thirty.

Girlfriend at the time and I arrived and waited and waited. With no place to sit, I grabbed two stools from the bar and brought them to the concert area. I imagine the owner he was upset and took them away from us during my oral argument and so he authorized a free drink for us.

I think it was Rita Marley that night. I wasn't impressed. Gosh, that would make it early 90's.

I'm guessing all have passed by there. I often see people outside the front door, which offers a safe area, but it reminds me of comming up the staircase of a NYC subway station and wha-la, you're standing in front of traffic. (Not a bad thing. If you've never ridden the subway, do it someday.)

The impressive rock wall tells me any sidewalk would have to be across the street.
Speaking of which, that is where there parking lot is, and a place that made pizza. Never tried it but did look. I asked the cook there what was the best thing there. He replied "everything." Sorry, wrong answer.

RE: Samsara - Firemon - 10-28-2016

I've only been on the property on one occasion and that was this last reach when I went scuba diving with the dive shop operating there.  Nice pool area/view of the Carribbean. 

Good thing they have a crossing guard (and mirror) outside the front door to help you cross the street.  That's an incredibly hair-raising spot with the tight turn right in front of the property and the high walls limiting visibility and motorcycles passing by in race mode as they take the corner.  Good spot to set up a Go-Pro.

RE: Samsara - rastagirl777 - 10-29-2016

I was at that Rita Marley show...and many others there.
Back then the headliner rarely took the stage before midnight.  That's just the way things roll with Jamaican live music events.