The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Interesting post on Bobby's Bulletion Board - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Interesting post on Bobby's Bulletion Board (/showthread.php?tid=101551)

Interesting post on Bobby's Bulletion Board - Oldtimer2 - 09-25-2016

Apparently the Minister of Tourism is looking for ideas of how to improve things . The #1 thing is Trash . What's wrong with the hotel owners spending 10 minutes a day improving the looks of THEIR !!!!! property on the road . Agressive vendors ( beach bums ) .Get the Guardsmen to punch them out . Night time security on the road/beach . If each place kept THEIR !!!! area free then there would be no/few bad guys . Easy peasy. Strong arm works every time .

RE: Interesting post on Bobby's Bulletion Board - CardBoardBox - 09-25-2016

OT, U say "interesting post." It was, to me, not.

I was aware of the JIS piece, quote, Minister of Local Government and Community Development, Hon. Desmond McKenzie says he will be making a submission to Cabinet to increase the penalties for the improper disposal of garbage.

Improper? I know no knowledge of this.

When I think of 'clean up' I think of average hanger-around using a bush or the curb as a trash recepticle.
I see no enforcement of these litter bugs yet IMO that is why they have to pay kids in crews picking up the stuff.

Maybe a day off the streets or a J$500 fine would make them change their ways. But, like the once in a while removal of illegal posters, the enforcement is no good unless it is constant.

Politicans will boast of (wanting) increased fines. I remember when a traveler at the NJ airport went out the wrong door. (I think they didn't find him.) Latenburg wanted the fine increased to 10,000 USD. News-making. But be realistic; who is going to say "it's only $2,000., I think I'll open that door.

Increased fines are a crock if not enforced in the first place.

I believe that the government is a one way street. Okay, I don't know how to contact them, but when I have, or tried, it is like I haven't.

The people on the street and who live up the lane think nothing of just dropping things. They propably pay no taxes anyway, or like here at home, don't equate litter with cleanup expense, and feel they aren't contributing anything worse or more noticable to what everyone else does.

So, did "bobby" post it to generate traffic or someone else mentioned the article? And I ask, "to what end?"

RE: Interesting post on Bobby's Bulletion Board - Oldtimer2 - 09-26-2016

I wasn't thinking fines I was thinking ways to get/keep it litter free . In front of Treehouse there is no garbage . The guy that lifts the gate up and down is always picking up stuff . It's not until you get down to The Jungle area do you see non-stop litter and then it is constant to the cliffs being most concentrated downtown . Go up through Redground and it is terrible . But what do they do with it when/if it is picked  up ? Now safety..that's another story !!! 

RE: Interesting post on Bobby's Bulletion Board - rastagirl777 - 09-26-2016

Ugh...made me look.

The trash situation is out of control.  The crime situation is out of control.  It doesn't take newbies from a tourist board to point that out - its a no brainer.  More police and better sanitation services are desperately needed.  Right now a tourist comes to Negril and finds it seedy and dirty.  Not good.

When I first started going there were no plastic bottles, no styrofoam....not even many lata bags that I noticed.

But I had to love the person who suggested making West End Road a one way street - putting in sidewalks and traffic lights.  Talk about a vibe change...but....

RE: Interesting post on Bobby's Bulletion Board - Oldtimer2 - 09-26-2016

and as always...where does all the poop go ???

RE: Interesting post on Bobby's Bulletion Board - Blues Pirate - 09-26-2016

Ahhh the acrid choking aroma of burning plastic smoke coming from piles of garbage drifting into the resort properties. It's something I love about Jamaica. (totally tongue in cheek sarcasm)

RE: Interesting post on Bobby's Bulletion Board - jitterbug - 09-26-2016

(09-26-2016, 12:37 PM)oldtimer Wrote:  and as always...where does all the poop go ???

inquiring minds want to know . . .

RE: Interesting post on Bobby's Bulletion Board - Raine22 - 09-26-2016

(09-26-2016, 03:20 PM)Blues Pirate Wrote:  Ahhh the acrid choking aroma of burning plastic smoke coming from piles of garbage drifting into the resort properties. It's something I love about Jamaica. (totally tongue in cheek sarcasm)

Health hazard.....so many peeps who were die hard jamaican vacationers have made the decision to go elsewhere.....safer/cleaner/cheaper even better sights

RE: Interesting post on Bobby's Bulletion Board - JonTom - 09-27-2016

"Nuh Dirty up Jamaica. Keep wi island clean."

This is just PSA #1. If you watch all 4 PSAs it is actually a little amusing (for an obviously serious topic).

"Nuh Dutty Up Jamaica PSA 1"