The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
American Woman Missing - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: American Woman Missing (/showthread.php?tid=101514)

American Woman Missing - JonTom - 08-12-2016

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/latestnews/American-woman-missing2016-08-12T08-04-20

Is it just me, or is this occurring more frequently?

RE: American Woman Missing - rastagirl777 - 08-12-2016

Not a whole lot of details in this story aside from her age and where she is from originally - does she live in Kingston or is she a tourist?

Maybe I'm not on top of things but I have read/heard a report of a missing tourist/immigrant in a long time...?  Refresh my memory?

RE: American Woman Missing - CardBoardBox - 08-13-2016

I can not "refresh" your memory because, well, just because.

Tis true IMO that there hasn't been any recent stories which I have read of missing people.

I do query if you had read your post because I think you are missing the word "not" in one of the sentences.

But thanks for saving me from going to the URL JonTom gave. I recall other stories which were no longer than two sentences. It's good to read some "heads up" type things, but sometimes the news is akin to "BTW", even on missing or dead people.

I guess the cause of the dead swimmer hasn't been revealed. No, that's untrue and unfair. I haven't READ the cause.

RE: American Woman Missing - rastagirl777 - 08-13-2016

YES - I forgot the word "NOT".

I honestly cannot remember the last time a non-Jamaican went missing in Jamaica.  So, the answer to Jon Tom's question is I do not think this is happening more than usual.

I hope she is found safe.

As far as the swimmer...we'll probably never know the "why".  As I recall autopsies and toxicology in Jamaica takes a really really long time.  Not that the results of any of this would be reported in the news.

RE: American Woman Missing - Oldtimer2 - 08-13-2016

Jamaica is just Jamaica . Sista Irie's ( a very good personal friend of mine . She posts on Miyard ) husband passed away the last of March while I was in Jamaica . She flew in from Texas and within 4 days had all the autopsy and the toxilogy stuff done ( at great personal cost ) and now she can't get proof of his death . Go figure that out .

RE: American Woman Missing - Angel - 08-14-2016

Oldtimer I read that too regarding Sista Irie who is a very nice woman. I feel for her having to go through all that BS. 

RE: American Woman Missing - CardBoardBox - 08-14-2016

Ditto what Angel said.

Maybe not 'government' but I remember what OT wrote in April about Jamaican paperwork;

...RIU Tropical. They spelled his name wrong on the marriage certificate . After 100 calls from Canada ....

http://jamericans.net/yellowboard/showthread.php?tid=101374&highlight=marriage+certificate