The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Early birthday gift - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Early birthday gift (/showthread.php?tid=101512)

Early birthday gift - Tim - 08-10-2016

Well sort of. In November I will turn 50, and I knew my wife wanted to make it special. As I work away from home Monday to Thursday, yesterday I received a text showing our confirmation of flights to Belize!
We have been there once before, I think 6 years ago, its where I have had one of my best fishing trips away from home.
I knew we weren't going away at Christmas this year as we are committed to spending it at my in-laws.
I really enjoyed Placencia on our first trip to Belize. Its a quiet little village on the coast with friendly people, and lots of options for snorkeling and fishing, two of my favorite caribbean activities. Plus, I was able to "score" lol.
So no Jamaica this year which is fine by me, we will be back but I really enjoy seeing other places. We have talked Costa Rica, perhaps next Christmas.

Has anyone here been to Belize? Which part? Any place or thing to do you would highly recommend?

RE: Early birthday gift - wv-gal - 08-10-2016

We visited Ambergris Caye in Belize and totally loved it. Really small little island that uses mainly golf carts to get around. Of course, there are some automobiles...but not many. The vibe is extremely low key with some of the best snorkeling and fishing for sure. Great food also, with great ceviche...lobster burrito...fish taco's, etc. Really nice blend of Caribbean, African, South American and Mexican blend of foods. I can't recall the name of the place we stayed but it was really nice...even had free bicycles and golf carts for patrons.  If you like low key...you will enjoy! Have fun where ever you end up!

RE: Early birthday gift - oldtimer - 08-10-2016

Perfect !!!!! sounds GREAT !!!!

RE: Early birthday gift - JonTom - 08-12-2016

Never been but have seriously considered it.

Would love to hear the details when you return.
Have a great trip!