The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Christmas and New Years in JA! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Christmas and New Years in JA! (/showthread.php?tid=101494)

Christmas and New Years in JA! - ohliz - 07-25-2016

We decided to give Christmas-New Years a whirl this year. For sure my two adult children and I, and likely another family with us. Looking at a few Treasure Beach villas for a week then the kids and I will probably do Negril or Duncans Bay or something for a few more days.

{{{happy dance}}}

I received part of the trip as a 50th birthday present from my family, this is just making it bigger and better with more people. 

I have never been for the holidays...done Thanksgiving, early December and January, but never Christmas and Boxing Day and New Years.

What goes on? And is airfare really going to stay this high? :0

RE: Christmas and New Years in JA! - Oldtimer2 - 07-26-2016

sounds great !!! There certainly are nice villa's in TB . We stayed at Rainbow Point and I give it a strong 10 . Nice people to deal with and a wonderful villa at Billy's Bay .

RE: Christmas and New Years in JA! - rastagirl777 - 07-26-2016

I run away from the holidays in the states, and Negril has been that place I run to now for too many years to count!  I love how Christmas is so un-hyped, I'm not inundated with stupid commercials on TV and the whole American thing that for me makes it so unpleasant.  I enjoy Boxing Day - a holiday we don't even much know about in the States.   For the last couple of years we've celebrated Boxing Day at my neighbor's little shop just up the block from us.  I also love going to the beach on Boxing Day, so festive and filled with locals!  Sure...Negril is packed with tourists during that week but the energy feels good overall.  For NYE I never leave the West End and I suspect I won't this year either.

In short, I enjoy the holidays in Negril - its a fun time to be there.

RE: Christmas and New Years in JA! - Sharleen - 07-26-2016

If you fly out either December 26th or December 27th, the airfares are considerably cheaper than on 12/24 or 12/25.  Also October seems to be the month I can get the cheapest fares for over the Christmas holidays.
   You will love it there during the holidays (I think) -- it is one of the most crowded times of the year though.  Many, many Jamaicans go home from the States, Canada and England for Christmas & I think this drives the airfares up.  
    Great present from your family!  

RE: Christmas and New Years in JA! - ohliz - 07-26-2016

Thanks for the info and tips and thoughts. We found a villa (a bit of a miracle, it seems, for that large group on those dates), the other family is looking at airfare and letting me know if they're in or not. 

If not, the kids and I go and that's great too.