The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Time for an update - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Time for an update (/showthread.php?tid=101476)

Pages: 1 2

Time for an update - LostBeachBum - 07-12-2016

Hi everyone,

I realized it had been quite some time since I updated you all on what's been going on in my world, so here we go.

It's been an exciting year for sure, full of up and downs, checking off the bucket list and pushing myself to new heights. The contract for the Marley family was a great success. The cooks learned a great deal and from what I understand they are still keeping up with the techniques, recipes and hygienic practices that I taught them. It was a challenging contract, the guys weren't exactly open to being trained by me, but we got it done. Only now when I look back on those 2 months can I see how positive the experience was for me. All those mornings spent sitting on the meditation rock, staring out into the valley. All those nights sitting next to Bob in his tomb, just talking to him, burning spliffs and feeling the vibe. Those were some of the most peaceful moments of my life.

After the contract was over I spent some time back at my old cabin in Broughton. I spent most of my time playing with my magical butter machine. Making hash, tincture, infused coconut oil and pure cannabis oil. I distributed most of it among friends who needed it the most and trained a few people on the process. The biggest success story is my friend Beannie who has late state prostate cancer. He is too poor for any type of chemo so they had been giving him pain killers. I made in an incredible batch of oil, enough to last him several months. That was almost a year ago when he only had months to live and now he is thriving and my friend said that the doctors told him he is “getting better”. Not sure what his markers are but they were in disbelief when they last saw him. Another friend had some type of mysterious bacterial infection that has also disappeared with the help of proper nutrition and cannabis oil. So those were the 2 best results of that trip.

After the trip I went home to Baltimore for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I spent most of my time in Annapolis working on several amendments to last years laws and a new bill that my foundation had introduced. Also continued my work in the medical cannabis field, acting as a consultant for Maryland's Medical Marijuana commission and several prospective license holders. The bill and amendments for opiate harm reduction passed uncontested which was fantastic. However, in the end, I had to give up on Maryland's Cannabis program. I became so disgusted by the amount of red tape and political bullshit that was going on. Favoritism towards big business and certain individuals, unnecessary regulation and blatant lies that were accepted as fact. The last straw was the appointing of the new president of the commission. A former MD state trooper and politician who ran for county sheriff 2 years prior on an anti drug platform. This showed me the legislature truly has no interest in helping patients or healing the sick. In the end, the Cannabis Industry around the country has become just that, an industry. When it should be community. I made a decision to never support the “legal” cannabis market ever again and become a permanent version of what I've always been, a guerrilla healer. So that was that.

There was success to come out of my visit home. I had a great time with my family. Attended many parties and put on an epic NYE dinner with another Chef friend. Went to a farm and cut down the tree with my brother and father, decorated the house with my mother and got to enjoy the last normal family Christmas at my Grandmother's house who unfortunately passed away a month ago. I was able to produce oil for my 5th and 6[sup]th[/sup] cancer patients, one of which decided to forgo conventional treatment and both of them are doing well.

In February I took a leap of faith and scraped together most of the cash I had left and moved to Ecuador. A country I knew very little about and didn't speak much of the language. There was an owner of small resort in a sleepy little beach town called Puerto Cayo who was willing to give me a great deal on leasing his beachfront bar/restaurant. So I went down and did it. I had my little piece of paradise called Booby's Beach Bar & Grill. It was challenging to say the least. Financing and operating a restaurant in a developing country. My menu was mostly American gastropub food. Lots of artisan tacos, the best burgers in the country, a few pasta dishes, lots of grilled seafood and incredible grilled shrimp Bloody Marys just to name a few. I also served many “medicated” dishes, word caught on and I changed a few people's perception about cannabis.

Things were going well, I built a great reputation and had a steady flow of regulars. Even did a few private dinners for some of the wealthy expats, all with great success. There was a young volunteer helping me who turned into a great friend. But after almost 3 months I was getting tired of running the place as a one man show. There were internal issues with owner and a few problem with theft, things weren't easy. Then one night, I was reminded just how insignificant we are on this planet. A 7.8 earthquake hit the coast, the center being about 100 miles north of where I was. The quake killed nearly 1000 people and damaged my restaurant including the building I was staying in. Not only that but serious after shocks continued for a week afterwards and I had had enough. I can deal with many obstacles, but the ground beneath my feet needs to be stable. So I decided to leave my little piece of paradise and recoup my investment doing what I love. Before I left I had the opportunity to treat a patient who for years thought he had glaucoma. He was wearing an eye patch when I met him the disease was so bad. A new doctor had recently made a new diagnosis of Toxoplasmosis. So I made a potent oil for him and in less than 2 weeks, his site was back and the infection which had troubled him for years was gone. His overall health improved dramatically.

I hung out in Seattle for a short time trying to decided which offer to say yes to when the my current contract was offered to me. Now, I am the Sous Chef of the most exclusive fly-in fishing lodge in Alaska. Cooking gourmet family style meals for the rich and famous. We charge $1200 per night per person. The lodge is located about 200 miles SW of Anchorage on 6 mile lake. I'm sitting on the lake's edge as I write this, staring off out at the snow capped mountains which we are surrounded by. Majestic is the only word I have in my considerable vocabulary to describe my surroundings. It's a tough gig, 7 days a week, 2 meals a day for 30 people. I'm being pushed by my Chef every day to be better, faster and more precise, which I love. I'm living/eating/drinking some of the ingredients in the world for free, being paid the most legal money I've ever made to train under an incredible Chef and live in one of the most beautiful and last untouched places on earth. Life is good. But you can't have yin without the yang. About 2 weeks after I arrived, I learned that my that my friend Nick, that I had spent every day with for 2 months in Ecuador was struck and killed by a car in Peru. The news was devastating and it saddened me deeply that the plans we made to adventure together in October will never happen. However his parents have invited me to visit them in Australia and take some of his ashes with me and spread him around the world like I do with my brother. So I'm looking forward to that.

The day after Nick was killed I got a call saying my Grandmother had a heart attack. Being [sup]one of the[/sup] most important person in my life, I charted a plane and was by her side in less than 24 hours. She was still conscious enough when I first arrived to get a hug and say the things to each other that still needed to be said. I sat by her side for 4 days holding her hand. Only leaving long enough to give others their time alone with her. Those last few glimpses into her eyes even after she lost the ability to speak, the look of confusion that turned to comfort when she recognized me are moments that will carry me for the rest of my life. There really aren’t many words to describe seeing someone who has been a part of your daily life since the day you were born, transform from a strong beautiful person to this old machine slowly winding down. She passed away just after midnight with my mother and I by her side. Life is different now. I would call her almost every day with tales of my travels and new recipes I was cooking. There is an emptiness similar to what was left behind when I lost my brother. But there is also a profound sense of peace inside. I guess that will have to do for now.

So that's about it. I'll be here until early October, then I'm off to see some friends in Seattle followed by a trip to Florida for my mother's birthday. Plans are in the works to collaborate with a pastry Chef (CIA graduate) in South Florida to put on the most epic Cannabis dinner in history. Wagyu beef, Karobutu pork, Toro, caviar, etc. Small plates, modernist plating, a little molecular gastronomy. It will surely be an event that sets the bar high for Canna Chefs around the world. Then there is a family trip to Riviera Maya for a week and that's as far as my plans have gotten. I'll likely stay in Mexico or Central America until Christmas. I've had my beachfront restaurant in paradise so that's one goal completed, now I'm focused on cooking on all 7 continents. Only 2 more to go so I'll definitely get to Africa this year, besides that who knows. Hope all is well with everyone and you all are enjoying life as much as I do. Travel free and travel far.

“Never let growing up stop the adventure”
Nick

RE: Time for an update - DAWN - 07-12-2016

This was great!  I wish there was a book on each chapter.  I enjoy your way with words!

RE: Time for an update - rastagirl777 - 07-12-2016

Nice, you get around dude.  Good for you on the MMJ stuff...gotta keep it going and it only gets better.

Question for you:  What process did you use to make oil?  Everyone I know in Jamaica uses butane.  My friend with advanced stage bladder cancer was using Simpsons Oil (aka ganga oil) that was made with a CO2 process that he brought with him to Jamaica (shhhhhh!) because the butane is too toxic to really be used medicinally (in mine and his opinions...some certainly do use it medically).

So...that's my question, I'm sure hub could have a good time with a "science project" while he's there so long as there is no butane involved.

Keep on rocking in the free world!

RE: Time for an update - booger - 07-12-2016

Rick Simpson Oil(RSO) is incredibly effective with cancer if you follow his protocol. You need to make it as he suggest and ingest the amount that he recommends and the odds are on your side. 

I have someone very close to me who just overcame breast cancer, and after a little over two weeks her tumor shrank from 2.2 to 1.8 cm. Her doctor was puzzled and verified the size after the lumpectomy. The scans were correct and the tumor was shrinking. She passed on chemo and just finished the radiation and is feeling great. A daily maintenance dose goes a long way as well. 

I am a big believer and after researching Rick Simpson as well as my small personal data point I am convinced that the word needs to be spread. 

LBB,
Thanks for the time you put into detailing your travels. I could only imagine having the property to myself at night and the peace you could find. Sorry to read about your buddy as well. 

RE: Time for an update - jitterbug - 07-13-2016

llb: how about showing us some pictures?

RE: Time for an update - rastagirl777 - 07-13-2016

What JB said...I'd love to see some pictures as well...

Booger - Bless up!  I'm always so happy to hear about Cancer patients having success with any type of MMJ treatment and I'm a full subscriber to use of Cannabis to this end.  My friends who are surviving Cancer use CO2 oil every day, in a protocol similar to Simpson's regarding dosage.  In one case its kept her cancer at bay for over 10 years.  Another friend who does not have CO2 oil at her disposal has been making Simpsons Oil for herself and using that along with a protocol of Guinea Hen weed tea and Soursop bark tea to hold her cancer at bay I think now for 5 years.

The practitioners here in Northern California encourage the use of CO2 oil as opposed to other processes because its cleaner...and here in NoCal it is readily available, moreso than in other parts of the world.  Bottom line it is the Cannabis that is doing the work though.

Sadly, my friend with Bladder Cancer, his disease was caught late in the game.  He was using the CO2 oil and that combined with aggressive (VERY aggressive) chemotherapy shrunk his tumor enough to operate.  Sadly because of the late stage of the disease as well as other factors he succumbed in May, almost a year to the day of when he arrived here from Jamaica for diagnosis and ultimately treatment.

I'm wondering if LBB is using a different process in making his oil, thus my question because I think my godson and husband would be interested in doing that while in Jamaica (for personal use).  The dispensary guy in Negril sells oil and other oil-type products like Shatter but my husband said the butane smell was strong and offensive.

RE: Time for an update - LostBeachBum - 07-13-2016

I'm moving over some photos now and will post them a little later.

RG- When it comes to Cannabis oil (RSO) there are alot of terms being thrown around these days. To me, there is only 1 true Cannabis oil and that is FECO. Full extract cannabis oil. This is the oldest method which had been used for 1000s of years, processed using plant material and pure grain alcohol as your solvent. I tend not to use anything made with butane and don't like working with it either even though I occasionally will make BHO if that's what a grower wants to do with their sugar leaf. I'm not sure why anyone would make this oil which is meant to be orally or anally/vaginally ingested, with a butane or CO2 extract. Both of which are meant to be smoked/vaporized (DABBING). It adds an extra unnecessary step as far as I'm concerned. With butane you might be extracting more cannabinoids at first but you are using a toxic solvent, only to have it washed in alcohol and then evaporated. With CO2 you are creating a more pure extract also less potent, however CO2 extraction is a violent process on the plant material and it sort of blows apart terpenes which are incredibly beneficial and you want as many of them in tact as possible in your final product. I personally don't know any oil processors out there who produce FECO from BHO or CO2. It's always raw plant material or ice/bubble hash rinsed in alcohol and then evaporated. I combine my finished product with lecithin and coconut oil to create a more bioavailable end product which is usually put into gel caps.

In Jamaica I use bush rum (Junka rum?) is what my friends call it, to process my oil. It comes from the JB factory near Mobay in gallon jugs, they call it "first press". I can tell by the color it burns and the oil it produces that it is as close to 95% pure alcohol as possible. It's wicked stuff, I made some pineapple moonshine with it too which was fantastic. In the US, Canada and Europe the preferred solvent would be Everclear 190. If you are interested in a science project, there are 2 great pieces of equipment to invest in and bring down, plan on leaving them there. The first is a distiller like the Magical Butter Machine, or the Green oil machine. I made my oil last time in the MBC, however I've recently started using the Green oil machine, which is better because it actually recaptures most of your alcohol as you are evaporating. That stuff can get expensive if you're making large batches which is hard not to do in Jah since we have access to so much high quality product for next to nothing. The other piece of equipment is a ROSIN press. I got mine from a company called Rosin Tech. Rosin is solventless extract similar to bubble hash but with much higher purity. The machine is basically a tshirt press, placing fresh buds or bubble hash in a special pouch, then placing it on wax paper in between 2 heated steel plates. When pressed, you are left with a clear resin that is an absolute delight to smoke. Much healthier than anything else on the market. It's my personal favorite these days. The same thing can be accomplished with a decent flat iron for hair. So that's about it, anything more specific feel free to ask!

As far as RSO and Rick Simpson goes, professionals such as myself tend not to use that term or refer to Rick. While he is a good man for helping to bring the healing power of Cannabis oil into the mainstream and donating as much as he did, his method is crude and dangerous. Also not nearly as effective as other methods. He still insists on using toxic solvents such as Naptha (paint thinner) and ISO alcohol. His soak times are way too long and he does not winterize. His dosing recommendations are not a 1 size fits all and yet he insists they are. He only thinks oil should be taken orally when certain types of cancer require suppositories in order to bypass the liver metabolization. Not only that but suppositories offer the greatest rate of absorption. He doesn't think CBD is necessary in killing cancer and preventing angiogenesis, which of course it is. In fact, we now know that for estrogen + breast cancer, large amounts of THC can actually cause tumors to grow. So an oil with a ratio of 3:1 CBD/THC is now the recommendation of the people I trust and have had success. He isn't interested in terpenes or specific strains and doesn't think adding trim leaves is necessary. Which I/we do, since chlorophyll helps oxygenate the blood thus raising the body's PH level to help alkaline the body which is a crucial step in fighting cancer. Basically, he doesn't educate himself enough about cannabis, nutrition and human physiology, biology and absorption rates. All and all, he's an arrogant little prick. I met him 3 years ago at the World Cannabis Summit and learned by asking him a few specific questions that I am far more intelligent and educated on the subject than he is. With that said, Cannabinoids absolutely do kill cancer. In most cases conventional treatment is not necessary and actually causes more permanent harm than good. Chemo is the leading cause of secondary cancers. Most cancer can be beaten with proper diet, lifestyle change and cannabis oil. A maintenance dose and proper diet is necessary to keep the cancer away and your body in homeostasis. With all this said, everyone is different and cannabinoid therapy is a trial and error game. What strains, cannabinoid ratios and doses work for one person might not work for another. Above all else, believe you are going to live, eat right and laugh as much as possible to keep those free radicals from spreading.
Bless up!!

RE: Time for an update - rastagirl777 - 07-13-2016

Thanks LBB, maybe "the boys" will bring down a bottle of Everclear and play a little.

The CO2 oil is what is recommended by the professionals here in NorCal both for smoking and for ingestion...like I said, it is pretty available here and (for now) not expensive.  My friends here who use it have seen results (aside of course for my poor friend who passed).

The term "Simpsons Oil" here is used as a generic term for "home grown" oil if you will.  Whether his oil is as effective as others you gotta hand it to the guy for blasting it around the internet....its helped many people and made many people aware of this process and how it can be used in Cancer Treatment.

There are entire grows in California now dedicated to propagating high CBD plants from "get".  From what I hear the plants are a little "tender" but the products from those plants are gaining a lot of traction and attention in the MMJ market here.  This is perfect for me, when I use Cannabis to sleep (tincture)or for pain (salve) that's what I want, I can't manage THC.

For a non-participant on any recreational level I get pretty excited to see where this is all going.  I get pretty anxious though when I see our state legislators who are bought and sold by the wine industry trying to fuck with or big Pharma trying to push their way in.

RE: Time for an update - kylake - 07-13-2016

LBB, with an adventurous life like yours it is nice that you still take time to post on occasion. I always enjoy reading about your adventures and musing about what you experience. 
Sorry to hear about the life losses you have experienced. I have lost a father, mother, brother and friends, it is never easy. Some pass as expected after a long full life and some are taken early. 
Do take care, enjoy your next adventure and post when you can!

RE: Time for an update - CardBoardBox - 07-13-2016

Interesting but long post LBB.

The seqway into RSO was too technical for me but got me to thinking that since Jamaica is on a push for good/proper use of the leaf, improving the RSO yield without those nasty damaged elements would be a perfect project for the govenment. Or anyone. The overseers are supposed to be interested in more than just tax and spend, so spending some $ on research to make a better product should be encouraged.