The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
let's not let this board wither away - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: let's not let this board wither away (/showthread.php?tid=101462)

let's not let this board wither away - Sharleen - 07-02-2016

I love all you guys - - definitely I have been seeing so many long time posters not posting anything at all.  I couldn't post to the original thread for some reason.  I have been missing so many long time posters posting anything at all.  Kylake, your Friday music posting I always read, I love to know there are other music lovers -- when I bought my (now 10 year old) computer I told the guy I used my computer to listen to music, think he thought to give me one to accomodate that ?? NO -- I can't listen to music unless I am right here and it's hard to hear.
   I love to experience/hear/read your posts of where you vacation, what your experiences are while you are vacationing in Jamaica.  The place is just getting so WEIRD to me, when I used to be able to drive in JA it was much easier --now, walking around from here to there, or just getting from here to there can be kind of dangerous.  I mostly stay pretty far out on the west end, when I go at Christmas time my favorite place is pretty much booked up so I stay at Golden Sunset, so different, the street is sure noisy that time of the year! 
   I used to always go during the first week of August for about three weeks.  Lots of Independence Day celebrations/concerts all over the place.  I don't go anymore, the heat and humidity just bother me too much.
   I miss the posts from doctoro, SuzanGrace (still want to hear about your asian experiences), Tammy, where are you?  Rootswoman, just so many of you, post about anything!
   I just went to Rhode Island/Narraganset area on my birthday for a Beres Hammond concert, so nice to be "not in work" and on the beach instead.  He usually performs in larger venues and Ocean Mist was a small club, it was nice.  He performs free this Wednesday 10 minutes from my house!   
     I have two acres of land, the deer are eating the tops of all of my tomato plants and the tops of all of my corn flowers, makes me mad!  My red flowers from the mint plant family that hummingbirds love are just starting to bloom, can't remember their name, they look lovely.
  I have quite a bit of those "elephant" plants growing on my deck, they remind me of Jamaica so much.  I bring them inside every year, they look pretty sickly from bloom great again when I put them outside in the spring. 
   I had to have my 14 year old dog "Roamie" put to sleep 2.5 years ago, that was absolutely heartbreaking.  Two years ago I maneuvered getting a rescue dog all the way from Arkansas, I had to pick her up in Brattleboro Vermont on a big tractor trailer truck filled with other rescue dogs.  She was supposed to be a small dog, they categorized her as a "Chiweenie" (part Chauwahua (sp?) BUT she kept growing and growing  growing.  My daughter finally had a DNA test done on her and she is Beagle/Austrailian Sheepdog/Bassett Hound/Poodle.  I work at a University and our students from India all say she looks like an India street dog and when I googled it, she definitely does!!!  She is the sweetest dog!
   I am entering the "caregivers" stage "HARD", my parents are 90 & 92, father just had a double hip replacement, in a rehab place, both I think are just at the start of dementia.   
   I always thought I would definitely retire in Jamaica, not so sure anymore.  Maybe just for three months out of the year, Jan-March.  I had a really awful think happen last January, I have twin grandsons and they are the sweetest little boys, their father was in a pedestrian accident and killed in Malta NY last January while crossing the street.  I want to take them to Jamaica for the Christmas holidays.    

RE: let's not let this board wither away - jitterbug - 07-03-2016

My dream of retiring to Jamaica also died.

But 2-3 months would be doable❤️

I hope this board continues also.

RE: let's not let this board wither away - kylake - 07-03-2016

Sharleen, sorry to hear about your loss of family and your canine family. I have lost several dogs over the years and it is always sad and painful. 
Not sure why you could not post on the poll thread? But glad you took time to post. I don't think it will wither away but it certainly is withering and the purpose of my poll was a wake up call, so to speak. 

Getting to the sound of music (or lack thereof). I assume you have a desktop (tower) type computer? If so you should have either integrated sound on the motherboard or a sound card. If a desktop do you see any plug-ins for sound in the back?

I would like to stay in Jamaica much longer than we are able to since we are both still working but with the type of healthcare they have and my age I don't see ever living there permanently. So I am with you and Jitter on that.

RE: let's not let this board wither away - Firemon - 07-04-2016

RE: let's not let this board wither away - kylake - 07-04-2016

Excellent artist and excellent song Firemon! Been in my library for years.

RE: let's not let this board wither away - Raine22 - 07-09-2016

I have been posting here for three years or so, just could not get in no matter what I tried....so on holidays from University and said I am getting back in today, I had to register as a new person...just added 22 to my original name of Raine.

RE: let's not let this board wither away - kylake - 07-09-2016

Welcome back Raine! Klapping

RE: let's not let this board wither away - captaind on Zion Hill - 07-09-2016

I can only log in from my laptop. I only use it in Jamaica so .......

Whoever (dread?) is actually running this board needs to solve the login issues.

However I'm still here

Cap

RE: let's not let this board wither away - Raine22 - 07-09-2016

(07-09-2016, 03:48 PM)kylake Wrote:  Welcome back Raine! Klapping

thank you Kylake Dancing