The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Cannabis Kiosk - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Cannabis Kiosk (/showthread.php?tid=101461)

Pages: 1 2

Cannabis Kiosk - Firemon - 07-02-2016

https://www.greenrushdaily.com/2016/07/02/jamaica-install-weed-vending-machines-airports/

RE: Cannabis Kiosk - CardBoardBox - 07-02-2016

The story is almost unbelieveable. The site does not seem like 'the onion' which spoofs things, nor the recent Utube video of a ship found (floating) after being lost for 90 years (the reader comments labeled her a fruitcake aimed at making $ by people clicking to watch her videos)

Because  the Gleaner was mentioned, I've been fruitlessly been looking at the site for any publication of the vending machine sales. Tying 'ganja' into the Gleaner search box is like typing 'auto accident'; many hits (no pun.)

Did find that 200 people applied for 11 types of licenses and fees range between US$2,000 and US$10,000. A non-refundable application processing fee of US$300 is charged for individuals and US$500 for a company business or cooperative.

Also found a story that several counterfit J$1K bills were discovered recently - with the same serial number; CC174514. Oh, and buy a ton of ganja and the price is US$50 per lb. (LB = pound. why that?)

So thanks for the discovery Firemon. Not going to spread the story until some other sources come on board. Interesting concept, and it makes sense, and it will be a boom to the airport currency kiosk

RE: Cannabis Kiosk - kylake - 07-03-2016

CBB, here is the Gleaner article
http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/lead-stories/20160620/ganja-atms-port-kiosks-issue-tourists-medical-cards-buy-weed

RE: Cannabis Kiosk - wendy - 07-03-2016

Forget those kiosks, support your local man

RE: Cannabis Kiosk - Oldtimer2 - 07-04-2016

I'm with you Wendy . The hard part is if the local men/women sold it at the airport or at the lights like they sell shrimp and veggies in MiddleQuarters . Now THAT !!!!! would be an eye opener for some visitors . I think it should be in little craft shops and the good weeders survive and the seed weeders don't survive .

RE: Cannabis Kiosk - rastagirl777 - 07-06-2016

You know, hub has never bought weed at the airport - always had our "guy" have it ready for our arrival with a "taste" for the ride in.

Back in the 70's my god-son's dad and his friend tried to buy weed from some guy at the airport and ended up being driven into the hills of MoBay and getting robbed.

I had a long discussion about the legalization of weed in Jamaica with a Jamaican friend.  He was really on the fence about it - felt it would lead to jealousies which lead to violence often enough as we know.  Felt it would "corrupt" the good farmers of Orange Hill in favor of commercially grown "crap" by monied entities...more violence, more crime...

In California we are facing the over-regulation of medical marijuana come January 2018.  They've made it so the "small guy" - organic, artisan if you will - will become overwhelmed with the corporatization of marijuana.  The double edged sword of legalization - sure, you can smoke a blunt on the street, you can buy a blunt from your corner store...but it might be branded "Marley" or "Willie Nelson" or "Rhianna" - if you can believe that one.

Based on the amount of money needed to "comply", MEDICINE will now be more expensive.  Welcome to Big Pharma, stoner style.

We were in Colorado recently and hub bought some pot from a dispensary there.  In short - the pot he bought sucked....no taste or smell and barely a "high".  Northern California will always grow the best weed - and we do not have full-on legalization here.  There's a proposition on the ballot in November, written by the same asshole who pushed through all those new "regulations" and created a totally new beauracracy in Sacramento to "oversee" these regs...so our family along with most of the growers up here are voting a resounding "NO".  My guess - no pass.

People who want quality and organics will stick with their small farmers and sellers...unfortunately some of those folks might have to fly under the radar for the simple fact that they cannot afford to "buy in" to the game.

It will be interesting to watch what happens in Jamaica.  Based on what's happening here in California the small guy might still be able to survive..but it will be a tough road.

RE: Cannabis Kiosk - CardBoardBox - 07-06-2016

Interesting post RG.
An aside; 80's attempted sale at the airport while shaking hands was funny ha-ha because I had been forwarned (that the seller would NOT take it back.)

I am going to hope that the small cultivators will continue to fly under the radar, but a fear exists in me that the ones in the monopoly (ie. licensees) will cry fowl, and povety, and push to eradicate those small scale farmers or force them "into the fold."

"... always grow the best weed " ?? Ah, subjective. Is BM coffee better than Hawaii? What ever happend to "thai stick" or those tales out of S.E Asia of one-hit stuff. IMO the "Alaska" variety was the finest ever.

RE: Cannabis Kiosk - booger - 07-07-2016

'We were in Colorado recently and hub bought some pot from a dispensary there.  In short - the pot he bought sucked....no taste or smell and barely a "high"."

I assumed that your hubs was a professional, and wondered if he was a grower from your feedback. However, the comment about no taste or smell has left me wondering. First, smell is the first thing that any stoner does to ensure that the weed they are getting is legit. "No taste or smell and barely a high" is rather suspect..... 

Taste, now that is open to speculation and has many variables. 

RE: Cannabis Kiosk - Winni - 07-07-2016

Booger, my guess is when one is wants weed and there is not a lot of option then you get what you get.  So, I'm not sure what you mean by 'suspect'.  My son's weed smelled really different to me when I had some last weekend, but seemed ok.  Everyone's smell and taste are different of course.

RE: Cannabis Kiosk - rastagirl777 - 07-07-2016

Full disclosure:  I do not smoke or eat weed.  I use salves for my aches and pains.

Even though its none of anyone's business, we do grow for personal medical use. We do not do this for a living. When you say you "assumed my husband was a professional" - well, he certainly is...but not a professional weed farmer. He is a professional commercial photographer Smile

Colorado:  Checked with hub and here's the thing...first dispensaries there can only sell what they grow.  They did have a selection, he was allowed to take a whiff and "no smell" was an overstatement.  There was a "smell" and it smelled best of the little variety they had to offer....but it wasn't that great juicy smell of da kine bud.  The weed seemed "old" to hub.  

CBB - sure, everything is subjective.  With any agricultural product the key is climate and conditions.  Northern California has the best of both for weed growing - the same C&C needed for great wine grapes.  Now, that said, indoor strains and conditions are not too shabby these days but there are very few that are organic.  It depends on your taste and what you want out of your weed - hub prefers organic, hub prefers outdoor grown.

Northern California is also ground zero for what we know today to be Cannabis Culture. We lead the pack not only in the science & technology of growing great plants that yield - our farmers for the past 40 years have come up with most of those kick-ass strains that fill the pages of High Times.  Even my little county of Sonoma leads the country in production of CO2 Extraction Oil - the process developed right here.

So, while many say our weed is "the best" - what I'm really proud about is our area's leadership in the field (pun kinda intended) and the fact that our state was the the first to pass an MMJ statute 20 years ago.

A lightbulb went off too when reading all the comments again - TOURISM.  Hub's conundrum in Denver is that he went to a dispensary located in a tourist prone area.  There were more people taking pictures of the place than there were buying things.  People who are not used to "good" weed will think anything in a store to be novel and fantastic (and in a way it kinda is!).  Hub is a long time smoker, grower and studier of the Cannabis Culture in a place where it all started to take shape.  He visited the dispensary in Negril and was not impressed.  The weed was old, funky.  And while the products ("shatter", oil) were available they were made using a butane process.  Like Denver for some going into a store to buy pot is oh-so-cool - and those folks would support dispensaries such as this.  Still - those used to better and less expensive product will stick with their "guy" - thus my hope for all the "guys" out there.  The rocky road will be the "man" sticking it to the "guy" as legalization becomes more real.