The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
I don't post because... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: I don't post because... (/showthread.php?tid=101458)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

I don't post because... - kylake - 07-01-2016

A message boards life is in posting/communication/taking part in the community. This is a very good board as I have mentioned in another thread. Lack of support from the community is disappointing and withering the community/board in my view. Just click on members at the top and there are way more (22 pages) than the 15 or 20 that post. You can see a hundred or more logged in and active....but still no activity except from a small percentage.

So here is a poll as I am interested in why more people don't post. If you can login please take the poll. It is anonymous and people that take the poll will not have their username exposed anywhere. At least that is how I have it set

RE: I don't post because... - oldtimer - 07-01-2016

I use to like " the topics " that we use to have . I like pics as well . Regardless of the # of posts I still come here twice a day . I would love the "old gang " to start up again .

RE: I don't post because... - kylake - 07-01-2016

OT, my point was the someone like Winni (or anyone else) takes time to post a lot of pictures, trip report, etc and doesn't get much feedback or responses for the effort. That does not promote the effort to be taken again. That is what I meant by withering.
I know you take time to comment but when someones post gets hundreds of views and only a few comments??

Take my Friday music it doesn't take much effort but I have been doing it for 3 years now and seldom get any comments or thanks for the effort other than you and Firemon regardless of the amount of views.

We have a large community but few that post. I was just curious as to why, so I asked some simple questions in the poll. I hope this will promote more of the community to be active and post....at least that is the intent. 

RE: I don't post because... - wendy - 07-01-2016

I don't view the Friday music post because I'm cheap, it might eat up my minutes to pay bills SmilingSmiling

RE: I don't post because... - Streamertail - 07-01-2016

I guess I have to check Lurker but it's not really a fair description, in my view. I come here to learn and enrich my knowledge of Negril since I don't live there year round. I also don't post just for the sake of posting unless I have something to say that hasn't been said already.

RE: I don't post because... - jitterbug - 07-01-2016

Kylake, I post when I have something to say.

I've tried many, many times to post pics with no success. I have an iPad, brand new computer and an iPhone, with no success. Too frustrating. I'm not electronically savvy??

I also start a thread with not many responses but I read this board daily and would be sad if it was gone.

and then, there are certain posters that I try to avoid. 

RE: I don't post because... - kylake - 07-01-2016

I realize various people have various reasons to post or not post. That said this board would be much more with more posters. I don't personally know our benefactor (Tammy) but I appreciate that she pays for this board. I also appreciate the work Dread put into building it.
I would hate to see it wither and die!
The poll is set to run for 30 days and the thread will most likely get pushed to the bottom and I may bring it back up from time to time. Of the four reasons for not posting the one I thought might be on top (number wise) currently is but just like posting only a few have taken the poll although many more have viewed it.
Reminder it is an anonymous poll no names show.

RE: I don't post because... - CardBoardBox - 07-01-2016

I'm logged in to this board and miyard and I don't log off, just close the window. ***1.
Is it possible that one must be logged in to post? Might people fear that registering may subject them to spam?
Might a pole answer be: I do not feel part of the group. Ditto "I'd gain nothing by spending my time posting"
***1footnote; long ago it required posting something for a msg board to remember who you were. Was a little frustrating or illogical.

RE: I don't post because... - rastagirl777 - 07-01-2016

I do not post when I don't have something to say.  And when I do have something to say it makes some people here angry and then they post their anger.

Boring.

I have to admit I do not visit here as much as I used to, when it was more active with more posters of different points of view.  I still enjoy reading trip reports and looking at pictures and I appreciate those that take the effort to put those up.

RE: I don't post because... - ohliz - 07-03-2016

I mostly post only when I am planning or recently returned from a JA trip. As neither is the case at the moment, I've gone quiet Smile