The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Bad News - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Bad News (/showthread.php?tid=101439)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Bad News - kylake - 06-17-2016

Firemon, not sure what denotes an illegal motorcycle. Do you know? Just simply one without a tag is my guess.
Quote:Whyte says the Westmoreland police are still clamping down on illegal motorcyclists in the parish, noting that the cops have already seized over 600 motorcycles.

RE: Bad News - wendy - 06-17-2016

My take on illegal, driver doesn't even have permit to drive let alone a license to drive, also no plates and insurance. Although I'm happy to hear, but in countryside that is the main way school children ride down to main road to catch a taxi to school. Most are illegal there....no insurance etc...
Those men are the trusting, honest hard working men.

RE: Bad News - rastagirl777 - 06-18-2016

While that is true Wendy unfortunately they will get caught in the "dragnet" and lose their bikes...which does suck because that is how people move about in the hills.

There has to be a start and this has gotten so out of control its going to be a long haul to sift out the good guys from the bad guys and then actually DO something about the bad guys.

To me the bikes are not the problem - its the guns, so many guns, so many more than years ago.  And I personally am at a loss as to how to control that - I'm at a loss as to how to control that in the States our idiot government won't do what it needs to do about that.

RE: Bad News - Flintstone - 06-18-2016

Bike insurance could be more than cab fare for the parents transporting to the main road. Where I live in Manitoba we have a publically owned auto insurance system. My bike a 1985 K100RS costs over 7$ per Day to insure in the riding season of May 1 to Sept. 30. This is for Pleasure insurance, minimum coverage and includes my safe driving discount of 25%. Some provinces allow you to insure for 3 rd party liability only meaning if you hit something it is insured, that lowers your premium dramatically. Just curious how much for bike insurance in Negril?

RE: Bad News - oldtimer - 06-18-2016

That's a lot of insurance . My 2003 Roadking ,1980 XLS 1000 ,1976 Knucklehead all for $379 CND for 12 months .Total coverage .

RE: Bad News - Flintstone - 06-18-2016

WOW, Oldtimer i am so jealous... My insurance does not cover fire, theft, or vandalism. the deductible is $500.00. Oh and we also give up the right to sue another driver for injuries. They really try to price us off the road... its a luxury item I guess.

RE: Bad News - Tim - 06-19-2016

Thats dirt cheap OT. My buddy renewed his plate on his 2000 road king yesterday, 1 month for $165. That includes insurance but at that price it usually sits in his garage collecting dust.
To compare, I pay $110/month for my Silverado 4x4.

As I have said many times, it's the hardworking, low paid citizens of Jamaica that are going to suffer from the increased violent crime, not the visitors that show up, hang out, then fly home. These people don't have that option.

RE: Bad News - Winni - 06-20-2016

Its my opinion that the only way you will stop the corruption within the police force is by making everyone accountable and forcing people to adhere to the laws.  Don't get me wrong, very good friends of mine (one of their children is my Godson) exist solely on his operation of his bike taxi.  He had his bike taken away in the roundup of bikes.  I believe the insurance is lower then a car, I think a car is around $450.00 a year and same with a scooter.  These bikes are cheaper to purchase and therefore cheaper to insure. 

People need to start growing up and setting their priorities right.  Stop with the drinking and smoking and bingo playing and and and...  Insure your means of making money.  Then you cant be fined and don't have to pay off the Police...  People want the corruption to stop but they don't want to adhere to the laws?  People have to stop enabling...

RE: Bad News - JonTom - 06-20-2016

We were on vacation when this happened so we missed news of this tragedy. Still processing it all and what it means for our opinion of JA/Negril.

Will add that some of the "drama" threads (just my opinion of them) do lessen my interest in coming here at times.

We were in Providenciales, TCI, btw. perhaps will do a "non-JA, non-trip report, report" some time on the visit.

As for Negril... were thinking to return in the fall. Probably still will. There are things I used to do and places I used to go to that I no longer do. Not sure if that is age/maturity, or a sense of not tempting the odds by repeating chances, or a sense of dangers increasing, or something else.

RE: Bad News - oldtimer - 06-21-2016

JonTom..you are just thinking it out , as you should . Whatever they do is going to have to show results .