The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Your profile and contact info - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Your profile and contact info (/showthread.php?tid=101428)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Your profile and contact info - rastagirl777 - 06-05-2016

"Social graces? Say hello as you pass a stranger on OneLove Drive, or at least smile. And as Kylake says, post a little something. But, Maybe most of the visitors here are from NewYorkCity. "

Lol...spoken like someone who is so not from New York City.

Thing is...I think if you look at any "board" that counts views of posts and then scan the posts to see who is writing something you'll find I bet that a good 60% or more just read or lurk if you want to call it that and never post a word.  I have friends who read this board and have never posted..same with Facebook groups they belong to.  I don't think there is anything wrong with that and I do not at all equate what goes on online with what goes on up close and personal (like acknowledging someone on the street).  This New Yorker does at least smile and nod when eyes meet on West End Road (sorry, never could get behind this One Love Drive business), 5th Avenue, Michigan Avenue or Queen Street.

I had to read through this thread a couple of times before I got the "gist" of what it is really all about.  It did wake me up to "check" my profile and information - email address - active.  Profile - fine with me...blank.  I personally do not like putting a lot of information out there, especially in an easy to access condensed form know as the "profile" on boards and social media.

Maybe that's the "New Yorker" in me.  Visitors to New York don't understand the New Yorker's dynamic more than just that we appear to be unfriendly.  We're not, in fact, we're a pretty gregarious group.  Its a fast paced city...we walk fast.  We don't chat with strangers as a rule.  Due to the fact that 8 million people are crammed onto 23 square mile granite rock we tend to value our personal space.  But you won't find many neighborhoods in other places as close knit as many in New York - the East Village, Harlem and back in the day Soho - all tight neighborhoods with block parties and looking out for each other.

While it woud be nice if the lurker would come forth and post most won't but many do after a while if they feel comfortable doing so.  I've seen that happen quite a bit.

Like many, I don't post if I don't have something to say.  While I enjoy the photos and trip reports many times I don't always comment.  Like Cap said - I am what I am.

I don't see anything wrong with that at all.

RE: Your profile and contact info - oldtimer - 06-05-2016

Honestly I didn't get the drift of what the thread was about either . I love looking at pics because the people are way more talented than me . I try to say " I like it ". I look at Bobby's board once in a blue moon and would love to see the pics . I can't say anything there and I really don't want to . Maybe what I should do is answer in French and then give every one a chance to translate..hehehe

RE: Your profile and contact info - wendy - 06-06-2016

OT...I can see the photos over yonder, wonder why u cant

RE: Your profile and contact info - oldtimer - 06-06-2016

they are small and when I click on them then the words come up that I'm not registared or something like that .