The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Your profile and contact info - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Your profile and contact info (/showthread.php?tid=101428)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Your profile and contact info - daniel - 05-31-2016

finally an answer to the dawn trip report disappearance ...

RE: Your profile and contact info - JonTom - 06-01-2016

(05-31-2016, 05:33 PM)daniel Wrote:  finally an answer to the dawn trip report disappearance ...

color me confused. Unsure of what most of this thread means.

RE: Your profile and contact info - CardBoardBox - 06-01-2016

Imagine: raising your hand (in class) and thinking "pick me. let me answer" (from your childhood classroom memories)

By being a visitor to this msg board, you are "family" or a friend, and friends talk, although conversations do take tangents,
and friends (vs what are more often the case in Negril, "acquantances" so wouldn't it be nice to speak up every once in a while, but my all means, don't use a phony email address,

to which some one (or two) explained that they are who they are, and an inferred joke in Blazing Saddles "we don't need no freakin badges" or in this case bio info (which is perfectly valid!)

and several people said/wrote sharing is good and they wished more people did that because when you see someone hiding in a corner it is not clear what their motivation or perhaps "ill purpose" is from lurking

and another one said they enjoy sharing, when they can, but a lack of responses shows disrespect (we know how important respect is in Negril, just talk to a local) and no feedback is like no one clapping at a musical concert,

and also (same person) wrote they had written a trip report and posted it but later deleted it

then another person wrote they had read the unfinished TR and wondered why that TR disappeared instead of being completed and were overjoyed they finally got an answer to their unasked question of "where did it go?"

See? Simple. But the fact that twice the brown box contains not only the referenced text but also enclosed the persons response; that WAS confusing and seems to be a computer bug.

RE: Your profile and contact info - kylake - 06-01-2016

Quote: CBB wrote: that WAS confusing and seems to be a computer bug.

Most likely just a mistake writing above the last quote bracket and not below it...at least that is my guess. Personally I just manually type the html quote brackets in and never use the UI for quoting.

Easy if anyone wants to do it bracketquotebracket and end with bracket/quotebracket and paste or write what you want in between. I typed the word bracket instead of using [ ] because it would actually cause an quote :-)

RE: Your profile and contact info - kylake - 06-01-2016

Quote: Dawn wrote: I started to share my last trip report and got really frustrated as I couldn't add more than one picture at a time, which had to be resized first.
It is a shame that pics don’t resize on the fly or upload in batches, I feel your pain there myself. I think Dread looked into that when he setup this new board software. I believe the architecture of MyBB board software doesn’t lend very well to that functionality.  At least that is what I remember.

RE: Your profile and contact info - daniel - 06-01-2016

(06-01-2016, 07:32 AM)CardBoardBox Wrote:  Imagine: raising your hand (in class) and thinking "pick me. let me answer" (from your childhood classroom memories)

By being a visitor to this msg board, you are "family" or a friend, and friends talk, although conversations do take tangents,
and friends (vs what are more often the case in Negril, "acquantances" so wouldn't it be nice to speak up every once in a while, but my all means, don't use a phony email address,

to which some one (or two) explained that they are who they are, and an inferred joke in Blazing Saddles "we don't need no freakin badges" or in this case bio info (which is perfectly valid!)

and several people said/wrote sharing is good and they wished more people did that because when you see someone hiding in a corner it is not clear what their motivation or perhaps "ill purpose" is from lurking

and another one said they enjoy sharing, when they can, but a lack of responses shows disrespect (we know how important respect is in Negril, just talk to a local) and no feedback is like no one clapping at a musical concert,

and also (same person) wrote they had written a trip report and posted it but later deleted it

then another person wrote they had read the unfinished TR and wondered why that TR disappeared instead of being completed and were overjoyed they finally got an answer to their unasked question of "where did it go?"

See? Simple. But the fact that twice the brown box contains not only the referenced text but also enclosed the persons response; that WAS confusing and seems to be a computer bug.

funny and informative ! great post cbb 

RE: Your profile and contact info - daniel - 06-01-2016

(06-01-2016, 07:32 AM)CardBoardBox Wrote:   

But i did ask ... search "Dawn Trip Report"

RE: Your profile and contact info - wendy - 06-02-2016

For resizing...if on tablet go to your apps....download.
On my laptop i use VSO image resizer
[attachment=2506]

RE: Your profile and contact info - wendy - 06-02-2016

[attachment=2507]

RE: Your profile and contact info - JonTom - 06-02-2016

(06-01-2016, 09:30 AM)kylake Wrote:  
Quote: CBB wrote: that WAS confusing and seems to be a computer bug.

Most likely just a mistake writing above the last quote bracket and not below it...at least that is my guess. Personally I just manually type the html quote brackets in and never use the UI for quoting.

Easy if anyone wants to do it bracketquotebracket and end with bracket/quotebracket and paste or write what you want in between. I typed the word bracket instead of using [ ] because it would actually cause an quote :-)

Yes I used the UI for quoting and didn't preview the post - adding even more confusion. The UI does show a box for what is quoted, but it takes a bit to load for me, sometimes.