The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Your profile and contact info - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Your profile and contact info (/showthread.php?tid=101428)

Pages: 1 2 3

Your profile and contact info - CardBoardBox - 05-28-2016

There is a place in your (collectively) profile for a little bio. Sure you don't have to have anything there, but as a part of this community, wouldn't you want to share anything such as what state you live in?

There is also a provision for contact information. I think it is possible to not have, or hide, your email address or the option to send you a private message.

But please, remove an invalid email address instead of giving the impression that an email sent will actually be read.

Isn't this a bit like writing a good or important email message and having it bounce because the persons mailbox is full? That's happened to me for a reporter of one of the islands newspapers.
Why did I waste me time? has been my reaction. Just like a company or state agency which is never going to use important information you tried to give them.

So take a few minutes and click on the little wheel next to the UserCP, or use this:

http://jamericans.net/yellowboard/usercp.php

Tangent; some reader comments, including facebook or youtube are really good or sometimes indicate the poster has a few screws lose. It's a bummer when a person is not proud enough of their comments/snide remarks that when you want to see something/anything about that person, the resultant screens says "private. Deal with it."

RE: Your profile and contact info - kylake - 05-28-2016

CBB, as you well know there are a bunch of lurkers on this board that view, read, listen and never post squat. I mean when you see a post has had a couple of hundred views or more and only 5 comments.  I guess that is the nature of the beast (internet social media, etc).
I know once you even mentioned you didn't post on trip reviews and pictures people post unless you find it....something of great interest. That does not promote anyone to repeat what they are taking the time to do.

What a shame it is and some don't post (that could) simply because they might get, time out, or looked down on because of another board.

RE: Your profile and contact info - captaind on Zion Hill - 05-28-2016

I am what I am and that's all that I am.

Cap

RE: Your profile and contact info - Firemon - 05-28-2016

RE: Your profile and contact info - Jerrydread - 05-28-2016

Jerrydread or maybe even
Selecta Jerry
South Jersey 20 min outside of Philly
Jerrydread@yahoo.com if Cardboard Box needs me Wink

Probably should post here more but so it go.
Glad this board is here to keep me up to date on JA news.
Never had a message board spat and don't intend to

Profile now written
Respect Everytime

RE: Your profile and contact info - Tim - 05-29-2016

I don't live in a State, I live in a Province.

RE: Your profile and contact info - CardBoardBox - 05-29-2016

Well Tim, that explains it. Got any "Newfi" jokes?

Jerrydread, on the other hand, lives in the garbage state, which could be good if I wanted the where-a-bouts of Jimmy Hoffa. (Insides jokes as it is the 'Garden State' while also accepting NY city trash to its landfills.)

I wish I could draft one paragraph about myself and have people do a "wow. Now I understand" But how can a lifetime of experiences make it across? The reason for the request of a valid (but hidden unless responded to by) email address is cause some things should be private. But when those efforts are undelivered or deleted without reading, well, it kind of makes one ask why even bother.
Having a phony email addr is much like borrowing money and making a hollow promise to repay it.

I am confident (won't say the acceptable language of "I know" because I don't know for certain) that posts are read by someone who I wouldn't expect to be reading.
Or is it coincidence? I post "knowledge is power" and two days later, someone uses that phrase on their board.

I will tell something I have kept inside for 15 months. I went visiting someplace else and read that medical supplies were needed. From the top of the text to the last line, my screen was completely filled with the posting. I swear. I tried to post that I had some stuff and would like to know where to bring the items. Instead of the posting getting approved, I got a rather nasty email that included "what part of deliver to xxx" don't you understand.
Turns out the 'deliver to' was in the subject line but not in the text. I repeat, the full screen display did not show the subject line, but I infered the "go away" so I stayed away and came here.

As one of the two boards I visit, I like to keep abreast of happenings in Negril but only go to the newspaper sites when prompted to, hence the disappointment when people aren't even willing to share news or views. Maybe this paragraph would be part of my bio.

Kylake, I hear you. My not being one of thousands of perminently stored comments on some sites does keep me from typing. Especially if existing comments are offtopic or just plain nuts.

RE: Your profile and contact info - kylake - 05-30-2016

Quote: CBB wrote: Kylake, I hear you. My not being one of thousands of perminently stored comments on some sites does keep me from typing. Especially if existing comments are offtopic or just plain nuts

Understood for sure but when anyone takes the time to post a lot of pixs. It doesn't take much to say thanks. That promotes them to post more. I think we all love to see nice pixs. That is just being part of the community and taking an active role. Don't take that the wrong way and it is not directed at you individually but more at the board/community as a whole.
This is a very good board and could be even better with more input from the community.

RE: Your profile and contact info - CardBoardBox - 05-31-2016

Not posting at all is a little bit like not saying please, thank you, God bless you (past-tense-blessed, when your heart started beating again after the sneeze), never complimenting a lady on her outfit, or a miriard (sp?) of other things. Pretty much a "why should I bother."

When even locals take that attitude with litering, the bother is we'd be knee deep in juice boxes or candy wrappers, or broken bottles.

Social graces? Say hello as you pass a stranger on OneLove Drive, or at least smile. And as Kylake says, post a little something. But, Maybe most of the visitors here are from NewYorkCity. Smile or how do I soften it?

There was this one time in the Florida keys where a gal from Georgia, a stranger at first, was walking

RE: Your profile and contact info - DAWN - 05-31-2016

(05-28-2016, 06:24 PM)kylake Wrote:  CBB, as you well know there are a bunch of lurkers on this board that view, read, listen and never post squat. I mean when you see a post has had a couple of hundred views or more and only 5 comments.  I guess that is the nature of the beast (internet social media, etc).
I know once you even mentioned you didn't post on trip reviews and pictures people post unless you find it....something of great interest. That does not promote anyone to repeat what they are taking the time to do.

I really "like" this post.  In years past I was very active on this board, always sharing my trip reports and pictures.  Can't really put my finger on when I started to lurk more but pretty sure it had something to do with all the "crap" from another board kept showing up and up and up.  But even that kept me lurking just not that often.

While I didn't write my reports for the board specifically, I enjoyed sharing them. Getting feedback about something, or having a person or a place in common usually came with some chatter. Then came the capability of adding photos. (people love photos) and I REALLY enjoyed sharing my words along with my pictures.  There were a couple reports I made with just words and aside from a few, "I like your writing", they were read by hundreds but rarely commented on.

I put lots of love and time into them and call it ''wanting a pat on the back" but I love feedback, interaction or simply a "like".

I started to share my last trip report and got really frustrated as I couldn't add more than one picture at a time, which had to be resized first.  I gave up and removed what I had already shared.