The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Collapse at Royalton Negil - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Collapse at Royalton Negil (/showthread.php?tid=101417)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Collapse at Royalton Negil - Streamertail - 05-16-2016

can't find. have link?

RE: Collapse at Royalton Negil - Blues Pirate - 05-16-2016

Jack hammering is demolishing not constructing.

(05-16-2016, 05:11 PM)Blues Pirate Wrote:  Jack hammering is demolishing not constructing.

Except when it's hammering the ground for a foundation. (but I suspect it was just an injection of humor)

RE: Collapse at Royalton Negil - kylake - 05-16-2016

Are you there BP and observing yourself that it is only demo on the collapse and nothing more?

RE: Collapse at Royalton Negil - Blues Pirate - 05-16-2016

Kylake,
No I'm not but I think you missed the point. In the construction industry jack hammering can only be used to break something up, not build something.

One of my fellow owners was on the radio tonight (Nationwide at 5) talking about the after hours construction noise. That video of the jack hammering at 9:00PM also made it on TV and what do you know - it's quiet now. 

RE: Collapse at Royalton Negil - kylake - 05-18-2016

BP, I did not miss the point. I was there just a few of weeks ago and with exception of Good Friday and then the Labor day holiday they were jack hammering all the time doing new foundation work not demo work. It was that big yellow woodpecker Streamertail posted a picture of but not doing demo.

RE: Collapse at Royalton Negil - rastagirl777 - 05-19-2016

Its pretty obvious they are ignoring the "stop work" order.

RE: Collapse at Royalton Negil - CardBoardBox - 05-19-2016

Is it possible that what is refered to as a stop work order contains specific conditions, thus allowing jack hammering, digging, and other things so that some employees can still be getting a pay check?

If they were digging a moat or a canal to the swamp or selling sand by the bucket, that would be an activity which would want to be stopped if the plans had not been approved.

I guess I just don't know the exact investigation involved. If it was 500 vs 200 rooms, then one would hope the officials would have imposed a total stop. Of course, when money is involved,  I tend to doubt the officials would require removal of anything all ready built. Jamaica is not New Jersey, but NJ is not known for always being sensible either.