The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
On resolving JA crime: opinion from CJ - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: On resolving JA crime: opinion from CJ (/showthread.php?tid=101415)

On resolving JA crime: opinion from CJ - Passion4Diving - 05-08-2016

The Caribbean Journel, a travel-focused internet blog, published an interesting opinion piece on resolving crime in Jamaica:

http://caribjournal.com/2016/05/07/why-jamaica-needs-a-long-term-crime-solution/

I found it thoughtful.

RE: On resolving JA crime: opinion from CJ - CardBoardBox - 05-08-2016

Ditto.

RE: On resolving JA crime: opinion from CJ - jitterbug - 05-09-2016

very thoughtful indeed!

RE: On resolving JA crime: opinion from CJ - Flintstone - 05-09-2016

"WE must stop fertilizing the crime tree" I like that line, the way to begin may be with nuisance enforcement, small steps to regain some order. Things like a bylaw enforcement officer, speeding, littering, loitering in front of cambio's... that sort of thing. Would create a good income stream for the new Government. Just my 2cents...

RE: On resolving JA crime: opinion from CJ - oldtimer - 05-10-2016

Flintstone you are correct .

RE: On resolving JA crime: opinion from CJ - kylake - 05-12-2016

Nice read and thanks for posting.

RE: On resolving JA crime: opinion from CJ - jitterbug - 05-12-2016

(05-09-2016, 11:26 PM)Flintstone Wrote:  "WE must stop fertilizing the crime tree" I like that line, the way to begin may be with nuisance enforcement, small steps to regain some order. Things like a bylaw enforcement officer, speeding, littering, loitering in front of cambio's... that sort of thing. Would create a good income stream for the new Government. Just my 2cents...

sounds good, but who will monitor and process the bylaw enforcement officer work? Itsabouttime

RE: On resolving JA crime: opinion from CJ - kylake - 05-12-2016

Quote:Jitterbug wrote: sounds good, but who will monitor and process the bylaw enforcement officer work?

Therein lays the problem!

RE: On resolving JA crime: opinion from CJ - oldtimer - 05-24-2016

Some of you that were around in the 70's and 80's should remember the vigilantes on the Westend Rd.
Places like Kaizer's , Samsara etc would hire guys to watch " the road " People didn't need to be on their "A" game all the time because these guys were there to guide and protect the vulnerable (sp ) . They were the guys with white shirts and always friendly to point the way to go . NOBODY !!!!!! was touched or bothered on the " road " back then. I personally was very quick on the draw and didn't have a problem anywhere I went . With more people come more bums .Actually they have no other way to make money . I change my $'s at Treehouse . Over 2 weeks it probably cost me about $25CDN to do this over my vacation , the cost of a couple of taxi rides to the "fish pond /aka Cambio " . No biggie and no hassle . For some reason the bumming on the sidewalk seemed not there . It was mostly taxi drivers parked WAY !!! too close but no bumming .
A few dust-ups wouldn't hurt either . "Stop doing that " to them is not nearly as good as a smash in the side of the head to get their attention . If they swarm you then come back and swarm them right back . Don't be a push over ....easier said than done ,eh !!!!