The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Inside Edition article on cliff diving (mentions Rick's Cafe) - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Inside Edition article on cliff diving (mentions Rick's Cafe) (/showthread.php?tid=101413)

Inside Edition article on cliff diving (mentions Rick's Cafe) - Sharleen - 05-07-2016

http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/16216-tourists-take-part-in-cliff-jumping-craze-that-kills-dozens-each-year

RE: Inside Edition article on cliff diving (mentions Rick's Cafe) - CardBoardBox - 05-07-2016

I thought it was a fair piece of reporting and I enjoyed watching it.

I do NOT recommend reading the comments which claim bias and servere economic impact upon Jamaica due to the negativity by IE.

Others comments reminded me of people who would declare something untrue because they personally had never witnessed (whatever.)

If IE wanted cheap-shots, they could have included "the staff will help hail a route taxi when the ambulance is up on cinder blocks. Remember to switch cabs at the bus park."

No one expects accidents to happen. If Ricks cared for ALL their patrons, they would/could have one ten foot platform. The bar would still sell the same amount of booze.

RE: Inside Edition article on cliff diving (mentions Rick's Cafe) - Oldtimer2 - 05-07-2016

Everything in Jamaica is dangerous . You can't go to Great Houses without a guide because you will be robbed ( maybe ) . You can't get into a car without being scared to death . etc !!!!
I think that it's very , very irresponsible for Rick's not to have trained personnel on site considering the diving is 90% of the "big show ". Signage is just a suggestion much like speed limits . But on the other hand the ratio between jumps/dives and injury compared to all the other dangers that are lying in the bushes I think would be very low . My kids would DIVE !!! off the cliff at Pirates Cove for hours on end and that is every bit as high as Rick's .( except the tower )

RE: Inside Edition article on cliff diving (mentions Rick's Cafe) - rastagirl777 - 05-07-2016

These days Ricks does have certified life guards and spotters in and out of the water near the jumping areas.  They've stepped up their game with the safety thing in the past year or so.

Now, what they can't control is the amount of alcohol one drinks to summon up the "courage" to jump from the highest point or assess someone's water skill level when doing the same.  They cannot predict nor control "freak" accidents that can happen from their cliff, or mine or anyone else's - its a risky activity no matter where you do it.  They can't control the lack of emergency medicine or first response in Negril...they can't control the shoddy medical services available in Jamaica.

The signs do one thing:  Limit liability.  Period.  Ricks is owned by a huge American conglomerate.  They know ALL ABOUT limiting liability and they are very good at it.

It comes down once again to personal responsibility.

And I do not consider "Inside Edition" a credible "news" source.  As a matter of fact, they are the National Enquirer of the TV airwaves.