The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $css_align - Line: 1127 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1127 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1154 postParser->mycode_parse_img
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_img_callback2
/inc/class_parser.php 483 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 182 postParser->parse_message

Jamericans
So..here will be a look at insurance.. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: So..here will be a look at insurance.. (/showthread.php?tid=101403)

So..here will be a look at insurance.. - Oldtimer2 - 04-29-2016

You can see how this will play out about this young lady and her death . According to the Gleaner the driver isn't around . I wonder who owned the car . THAT !!!!!!! is always a question . My daughter warns me of this stuff ALL THE TIME !!!!! not only in Jamaica .

RE: So..here will be a look at insurance.. - Sharleen - 04-29-2016

The Jamaican Star has a different version, they say the driver is in the hospital in fair condition:
http://jamaica-star.com/article/news/20160427/foreign-national-dies-motor-vehicle-crash
On the way into Negril, I usually go with Juta Negril just because of the price and the larger size of the vehicle.  Though the size of the vehicle didn't make any difference for that Minnesota woman and her nine year old daughter in Falmouth this past January...   On the way back to the airport I go usually in a private drive, just to eek out of few more hours and to not be stuck in the airport.  It gives me more freedom, I can drop my luggage off, check in & leave the airport with the same driver, usually to go to that excellent outdoor restaurant towards Ochi, I think the third red/green/gold place on the right, about 15 minutes from the airport.
  There is a very poignant post by her father, I think the link is
www.facebook.com/JoseArango, he and his wife left for Montego Bay the day before yesterday.  It goes something like, I do not go to Montego Bay Jamaica on vacation, I go to identify the body of my daughter (but he didn't put it in those exact words, he is a Columbia national and they have a different way of saying it.
    What a terrible horrible accident, I'm sure caused by speeding.  In the girls facebook page a few months ago, she posted that she was going to Jamaica with her boyfriend and her son but her son didn't go apparently.  In all of the articles, there is no mention of her boyfriend being in the car.  Someone posted on "the other board" that they were expecting visitors and the person who posted said that they were expecting some of their friends to join them at the end of their vacation, so maybe she was going to get them at the airport.
  Her father vows to raise his grandson.  Just last month they threw an elaborate first birthday party for him, the video is on her fathers facebook page.  I can't even imagine what he and his wife are going through down there. 

RE: So..here will be a look at insurance.. - CardBoardBox - 04-29-2016

The facebook link in the above was not the expected/intended one. Am not sure which one is correct, but I used this

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=jose%20arango
or this
https://www.facebook.com/arangojm?fref=nf
but got diff results / cross postings. I do not know how FB works.

Spanish and English, it has a photo of the girl and baby, other comments and a posting by a friend of the dad about helping to defray the expensives.

All make the incident become a little bit more personal.

On another board I mentioned that the Observer and Star stories differ; where she died and where the driver was. Some could be timing related but it shows how even printed info is sometimes wrong.

Speed contributes to death, but we do not know where the truck was parked, if he was exceeding the speed limit, if there was oncoming traffic, or if he "lost control" except to say he did not stop in time. I can doubt there will be a full investigation AND disclosure just as much as the motoring public not learning FROM her sad death.

All the insurance in the world will not bring her back. Sad

Sharleen, permit me to say thanks for sharing your words. Your research shows to me you cared to learn more about her/the incident. (I only went to the 2 news stories originally.) I agree with your conjecture of why she was traveling to MoBay. I travel differently from you, taking Juta from the airport and the public bus back, but they all involve what my dad would call "two tons of death." (Driving lesson "you are driving ...")

RE: So..here will be a look at insurance.. - Sharleen - 04-29-2016

Evidently, her long time boyfriend was in the car also (and remember her father is a Columbian national and Spanish speaker, thus the mispellings, anyways, this is his post:

Jose Arango [Image: 4_D2pW3wF_d.png]feeling pained at Hospiten O with John MacDonald.
9 hrs · Ironshore, Jamaica · 
This moment has been the most difficult time in our life. Now our son in law,John MacDonald, is hospitalized with a severe deshidration and pain. He will need to stay for treatment while we must go to recognize our daughter's body today. Please pray for us in this struggle time to be strongers.