The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Luggage Tip - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Luggage Tip (/showthread.php?tid=101386)

Luggage Tip - Firemon - 04-19-2016

If your bags become lost it is very easy to simply show the baggage claims representative a picture of your luggage on your phone rather than try to describe it, especially when there is a language barrier.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LifeProTips/comments/4f3b36/lpt_before_checking_in_at_the_airport_take_a/

RE: Luggage Tip - CardBoardBox - 04-20-2016

Thanks for sharing. Read the story, and as usual when there are reader comments, I scan some of them too.

Here is a sampling (or just some verbage from me)

I semi-liked the idea of putting in a flare-gun, declaring same, since they inspect your bag and you get to relock it without an Approved TSA lock, and get (??) special processing because it was already inspected.

Another comment, cut-n-paste:
I packed my PC into a large suitcase and checked it.

I wrapped it in bubble wrap, put protective padding inside the tower, and put corner protectors on the corners. It was pretty well packaged. I was confident it would be safe, since I ship computers the same way. I took pictures of it every step of the way.
The TSA opened it up, took apart the padding, and opened the case to see what was inside. Understandable, since on the scans it would appear that something was inside the case. Unfortunately, it never dawned on them to repackage the computer. They just threw it back in my bag with all the opened packaging and sent it on its way.
The PC was destroyed when I got it back. Chassis was dinged, scratched, and dented. Internal components were snapped/broken. It sucked. I took a lot of pictures of it.
I then made a claim to the TSA for the damages. They disputed, so I provided all the pictures. They then cut me a check.
That said, there are many reasons to take pictures of whatever you check-in at an airport. It only serves to protect you.

------
different posting (new thread):
We had this happen. Family emergency & had to get to Little Rock. Flight got cancelled, quickly hopped on a flight to Houston with a connection. Bad weather in Houston, connecting flight cancelled - stuck overnight without luggage. Flight next day (still wearing same clothes) to somewhere in North Carolina, then finally a smaller plane to Little Rock. Bags never caught up. Entire family had to buy clothes at a local store to make it through the weekend. Bags finally showed up back at home the following week.

I learned from this that even if you have to check luggage, always bring at least one extra set of clothes, a toothbrush, and any medications in your carry on.
---

wrapping up: at some airports (LAX and NJ), people steal bags at baggage claim (no checking) and it's a good idea to make yours unusual looking. There were lottsa more comments but I got bored reading. Smile

PostScript: Delayed luggage can happen because the plane was too heavy.

RE: Luggage Tip - rastagirl777 - 04-22-2016

Who was the idiot who put a computer in checked luggage?  And then was pissed when TSA didn't package it back up?  They are lucky TSA didn't steal it.  Those people are thieves!

RE: Luggage Tip - CardBoardBox - 04-22-2016

I know of no requirement for TSA to exercise any care in repacking. Think of supermarket packer who places white bread in with heavy items and you get home with a "space saving loaf".

As for theft, I have read where an inspection was video recorded and later viewed. Don't know if this is always the case or how to get TSA to look.

Somehow in either case, I would expect an SOL form letter at best; "After review ...."

RE: Luggage Tip - Firemon - 04-24-2016

Gotta give you credit for highlighting the 14_4_105information about flare guns.  I'm sure that applies to just about everybody.  

Oops, did I say everyone?  I meant somewhere between hardly anyone and practically no one.  Yeah, that would be the sweet spot.   

RE: Luggage Tip - CardBoardBox - 04-24-2016

Novel ideas are always worth considering, almost.
Like the clipping your fanny pack around the bed leg so someone can't steal your money with a stick through a window.

The one guy who put his laptop in checked baggage could have used the flare gun idea. Inspected and locked up at the check-in counter, never to be opened again until baggage claim.

I should have been clearer as to which parts were pure copy-n-paste.

But don't worry. The insult, which I'll label as just a "dig", was not lost.
Youtube has a recent video of new inventions and I thought the light for bicycles which projects an outline of a bike foreward was a great idea since drivers sometimes turn in front of a bicycle approaching from the rear, causing injury.

Semi-related, I remember reading of an elderly driver turning left into the path of a cement truck. About as smart as a laptop in checked luggage but with a fatal result.