The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
TB last trip - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: TB last trip (/showthread.php?tid=101385)

Pages: 1 2 3

TB last trip - kylake - 04-18-2016

Started our last trip in TB instead of Negril. Already booked to return next year. Stayed in a small house (3 rooms) owned by a nice Rasta guy by the name of Iyaras. Here are couple of pics and will try to make time to post more.
Both of these are Calabash bay but in two differing directions. Still getting a feel for this new location.
Laid back and to me a more realistic (non touristy) view of what the whole island has to offer. If you want excitement and not stop action please stay away. This is laid back and true chillin....no problems man. Did not experience one bit of harassment as is so often (unfortunately) experienced in Negril
[attachment=2456]
[attachment=2457]

RE: TB last trip - kylake - 04-18-2016

Never ate at the same place twice. Here is an example of one place and the other two pics are from Eggy's bar.
[attachment=2458]
[attachment=2459]
[attachment=2460]

RE: TB last trip - Flintstone - 04-18-2016

Nice pictures, it sure looks peacefull. Surprised to see the menu priced in U.S. dollars especially on this end of Jamaica, was this a common practice? I wonder if they have US pennies to make the change for the $2.99 and $4.99 US items?

RE: TB last trip - ohliz - 04-18-2016

Also surprised to see USD pricing since I don't think I've ever used US in TB, but the prices look right for the area for sure Smile

I call that first beach Old Wharf beach, to the east of Calabash. It's really only swimmable down at the other end where that neat sandy beach is, but that beach is SO nice, it's worth the walk down.

Thanks for reporting, I'm so glad you enjoyed it enough to return!!

RE: TB last trip - jitterbug - 04-19-2016

kylake, thank you. . . . great pics . . . and yes, chill chill!
is there a website for this guesthouse?

RE: TB last trip - Oldtimer2 - 04-19-2016

I've never seen US $'s on boards either . TB is a very cool place . Great pics.

RE: TB last trip - ohliz - 04-19-2016

It's the one that looks like a giant ship on the beach I wanted to take you to last time we were in TB but you had to go do something so couldn't come, Jitterbug.

http://kudehya.com/

RE: TB last trip - treasure beach bum - 04-19-2016

Glad to see Eggys bar is open again. We will be returning for our fourth trip there in October, it really is a special place.

RE: TB last trip - kylake - 04-22-2016

Quote:Flintstone wrote: Nice pictures, it sure looks peacefull. Surprised to see the menu priced in U.S. dollars especially on this end of Jamaica, was this a common practice? I wonder if they have US pennies to make the change for the $2.99 and $4.99 US items?
Not all menus were in US and as mentioned we ate at a different place every time. Smurfs, Sunset Inn, Vibz (pictured), Fisherman's Club, Pardy's. Almost all (but not all) do though list US and J pricing on the bill. I noticed the same in Negril. If you do the math sometimes it is better to pay in US if the rate they are using to figure the J equivalent is bad. In Negril if they listed US and J, math wise it was usually better/cheaper to pay US.
Quote:Ohliz wrote: I call that first beach Old Wharf beach, to the east of Calabash. It's really only swimmable down at the other end where that neat sandy beach is, but that beach is SO nice, it's worth the walk down.
You have forgotten more about TB than I will ever know and I would say you are correct on the beach location. We were on Old Wharf road so that makes total sense. In the pic from the deck where it hooks at the end towards I think the called it Great Bay? it is a really nice beach and even when windy it is calm enough there to swim. It was really windy the whole time we were there (13-16 mph) and Capt David was a plan but because of the wind it was canceled.
Quote:Treasure Beach Bum wrote: Glad to see Eggys bar is open again. We will be returning for our fourth trip there in October, it really is a special place.
Nice place for sure and Eggy was an interesting person to talk to. There is another place further down the bay he is on Frenchmans? but we never walked down to it. No need to go any further that Eggy's

RE: TB last trip - kylake - 04-22-2016

Eggys sign
[attachment=2461]
Sign at Sunset Inn entrance
[attachment=2462]
View from our bathroom
[attachment=2463]
Did I mention we saw a pod (15 to 20) of whales working for an hour or so from our deck. Pretty far out so the pic is not that great.
[attachment=2464]