The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
something I forgot - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: something I forgot (/showthread.php?tid=101374)

something I forgot - Oldtimer2 - 04-09-2016

A year ago my son got married at RIU Tropical. They spelled his name wrong on the marriage certificate . After 100 calls from Canada someone answered the phone and said they could only change it if he sent the orginal things ,birth certifate etc . No way !!! So this year after 100 phone calls from Treehouse to RIU wedding person they want $150 US to APPLY !!!!! for a change of name . Isn't that nice !!!! $150 US for me to go to the wedding after they dropped $40,000 US in the wedding party and now $150US to change their mistake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 cheers for Jamaica " no problem "

RE: something I forgot - CardBoardBox - 04-09-2016

Trust the Jamaican postal system, especially with originals? I'm still waiting for the title papers of my Brooklyn Bridge purchase, so don't do it.

A letter to the head office of RIU might be a good use of a postage stamp. And a smear campaign on message boards couldn't hurt. Doesn't Travel Advisor allow hotels to respond (if they want to?)

In their defense, they probably have the mind set that anyone spending $40K has another $150. This is based on one case of JA customs charging someone who obviously had deep pockets instead of appreciating what the tourist was doing.

Alternative? Notorized, in the US, originals and explaination documenting RIU's error. Perhaps a friendly official from Jamaica also. I am unfamilar with having to produce hard copies of documents. NYC office inspected my Birth cert for my 1st passport. Times HAVE changed; Xerox machines work overtime and honest folk are treated like criminals.

Maybe it would be cheaper to have his birth certificate changed. (bad joke.)

Alternative two; Have the two people get married again without telling anyone. Not illegal, IMO, even if it asks of any previous marriage, and you'd have a legit , correct legal document (issued by your home town mayor even. Grease palm for more lax submission) Who gives a flying F about the Jamaica paperwork.

RE: something I forgot - Tim - 04-10-2016

40K for a wedding? Party on lol.

RE: something I forgot - Oldtimer2 - 08-15-2016

Tim..that $40K was for THE WHOLE wedding party of 20