The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Noisey - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Noisey (/showthread.php?tid=101370)

Noisey - Firemon - 04-05-2016

Episode: Jamaica with Popcaan and Chronixx

S01, E05
(First Aired: Mar. 29, 2016)
Zach Goldbuam travels to Jamaica where he examines the local music scene and how it has changed since Vybz Kartel, the islands most popular artist was sentenced to life in prison for murder.

Viceland TV  Tonight 8 pm

RE: Noisey - Oldtimer2 - 04-11-2016

I watched that last night April 10th . Very interesting . It's a hard sell , Haille Selassie isn't the man . The music industry certainly has a different idea of norm than most people I have met . Right after that program Zach was in Las Vegas and interviewed a DJ who makes $16 Million a year on electronic music . BRING BACK INSTRUMENTS !!!!!!!

RE: Noisey - Firemon - 04-11-2016

I was amazed by how well the program analyzed the situation.  Sadly disenfranchised youth
love anti-heroes.  But that music isn't in demand off the rock.  Dancehall rappers struggle getting a Visa.    

I watched the following Vegas episode as well.  Loved the comment from the black "shot girl" who gave away the DJ's rather-obvious-secret that all they do is "press play" and "they play the same set every night."  (I hope Zach does a follow up and finds out if she still has a job.) And how much were those partiers paying for champange???  Unbelievable markup (ie-2,500%).

RE: Noisey - Oldtimer2 - 04-11-2016

I guess excasty (sp) must be the answer .

RE: Noisey - JamaGinger - 04-24-2016

I enjoyed watching this. A fascinating look inside the dancehall music scene. I loved the part where the reporter and Jesse Royal are talking. I am a big fan of Chronixx and his peers. I thought the reporter did a great job capturing what life can be like for young people in Jamaica.