The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
young Negril Po-Po killed in accident - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: young Negril Po-Po killed in accident (/showthread.php?tid=101351)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: young Negril Po-Po killed in accident - CardBoardBox - 04-21-2016

I don't disagree with you on any particular point. (Great sentence from one of the FireFly movies.)

I am unsure if the "they" in your last sentence refers to the oil execs or the provider of transportation (for example.) I knew a taxi driver who paid a reduced preimum for his red plate insurance papers because what he really had was worthless paperwork (and he knew it.) Agent got busted.

I wouldn't want to have to deal with insurance claims on the island, but coverage wise, it sounds like a red plate is nothing more than a higher registration fee to legally transport paying people. (I remain committed to not hail a white plate; robot or someone looking for gas money. And NEVER a motorcycle.)

PS Bobby doesn't enter this beyond me remembering when there were a lot of nice and good intentioned people around, 15 years ago.

Humor: I think many insurance companies have an exemption clause for any day of the week spelled with a "Y" in it.

RE: young Negril Po-Po killed in accident - oldtimer - 04-21-2016

" they " in the last sentence meant traveling people in general. Sorry about the confusion .

RE: young Negril Po-Po killed in accident - rastagirl777 - 04-22-2016

"but coverage wise, it sounds like a red plate is nothing more than a higher registration fee to legally transport paying people."

Drivers with Red Plates most DEFINITELY DO have additional insurance that covers their passengers - they have to carry it so they pay for that and the additional fees and licenses needed to have that red plate.  For that reason alone I don't get into "cabs" that are not "cabs" meaning a vehicle with a plate of any other color.

I have a friend who was injured in a red plate taxi accident (the other driver's fault).  It took her MONTHS to settle out the claim but it did settle.

Nothing is easy in Jamaica, why should an insurance claim be?  Its hard enough to collect on insurance in the states I would imagine its much harder in Jamaica.