The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
young Negril Po-Po killed in accident - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: young Negril Po-Po killed in accident (/showthread.php?tid=101351)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: young Negril Po-Po killed in accident - Firemon - 03-21-2016

Who took Wendy's reading glasses?

RE: young Negril Po-Po killed in accident - rastagirl777 - 03-21-2016

Lol, Wendy Hedo copied and pasted a post from someone else from somewhere else...don't know who and from where.

RE: young Negril Po-Po killed in accident - wendy - 03-21-2016

So this WASNT the same accident ? Welllllll.....guess I need to find me some glasses or stop tryingto finish off my wrays Smiling

RE: young Negril Po-Po killed in accident - Passion4Diving - 03-21-2016

It was the same accident.

RE: young Negril Po-Po killed in accident - rastagirl777 - 03-21-2016

That was the same accident?  Couldn't tell from the post...I thought you were just posting someone's story of another accident, see - these things happen often enough sadly.

RE: young Negril Po-Po killed in accident - Tim - 03-21-2016

Hedo clearly posted this was from the the same accident, that's where I clued in.  Couldn't imagine paying those medical bills. Thankfully wife and I both have comprehensive insurance with our employers, if we didn't I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it. Nobody can predict the future, how many American families have gone broke from hospital bills?

RE: young Negril Po-Po killed in accident - rastagirl777 - 03-22-2016

Does your insurance cover you in Jamaica?

Having travel insurance seems to get more important every year for us.  However....you need to be aware that before they will treat you in a private hospital in Jamaica (such as Hospiten) you must pay up front.  Costs could run anywhere between $10,000US and $30,000US - compared to what that would cost in the US is a drop in the bucket but its still a lot of money to part with up front as the private hospitals there will NOT bill insurance.  So along with the travel insurance one must travel prepared to pay such an expense perhaps with a loaded credit card.

Then you must dance and dance HARD to recoup your money from the insurance you paid for.  The process can take months and read the fine print.  Travel insurance companies do not have to comply with ACA so they have several clauses precluding coverage for "pre-existing conditions".

RE: young Negril Po-Po killed in accident - suzengrace - 04-20-2016

OMG... I'm glad you lived to tell your tragic tale and that you'll be ok (as ok as one can be with a fx'd vertebrae)

I can't preach enough how one needs GOOD travel insurance.. I use travel ex... never a problem.. had to cut my Thailand trip short due to my moms injury in the states.. Yes, you have to pay all up-front costs.. but keep your receipts ,file claim, they send forms for dr to fill out and  send them in...Got a check in 2 weeks for all i claimed-the ticket back , my missed inter-country flights and visa costs... 

Please , let this be a warning..the healthcare is nothing like your use to in the states... and be prepared to pay up front.. Living life comes with risks, but better to be aware of the risks and what your options are...and then live to the fullest...

I'm just so glad this story ended up ok.... and yes, please ,wear a seatbelt, it saves lives..

Blessings

RE: young Negril Po-Po killed in accident - CardBoardBox - 04-21-2016

Air lines offer travel insurance during booking. Figuring I'd not get sick or injured, I saved the expense but this thread puts a new spin on things. So thanks for the enlightenment on the medical angle.

No point in being penny wise and pound foolish, especially if the shit hits the fan.

As an aside, if one is injured while in a Red Plate vehicle, wouldn't / shouldn't medical attention be covered by the vehicle insurance?

RE: young Negril Po-Po killed in accident - oldtimer - 04-21-2016

Just because Bobby says that doesn't make it so.Maybe maybe not . If you can walk away ,walk away .Insurance is something that is very iffy at the best of times .My daughter is a lawyer in a law firm from Calgary and all she does is get insurance and visas and travel things for oil execs . She says that people swear on their mother's graves they are covered and then sadly find out they aren't covered for anything .