The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
A topic..Why is the service so.. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: A topic..Why is the service so.. (/showthread.php?tid=101347)

Pages: 1 2

RE: A topic..Why is the service so.. - Sharleen - 03-15-2016

Ron-Mon, Tree House has an excellent breakfast buffet with everything you can imagine there all cooked already, except  your eggs, which are cooked any way you want at their egg station where they will cook your eggs any style with a wide variety of omlette choices & then you pick out what kind of bread you want & toast it yourself.  Something like 20 sterno's set up with the food all cooked. [callalou (sp?) pancakes, coconut bread or bananna bread, all kinds of fruits, potatoes cooked hash brown style, for meat lovers bacon or sausage. You can have your food on the table within five minutes.  And it is an all you can eat buffet.  Since I stay far out west end area, I can't (or don't want to) go to the beach other than possibly two times a week.  But I enjoy the quickness of having to be able to eat within five minutes at the Tree House.  I usually try and bring either a baggie or aluminum foil to take away a piece of the coconut or bananna bread for an afternoon snack.
    As RG says, Just Natural -- I never remember having to wait a long time for anything at all.  And it is in such a beautiful setting with all of those plants.
      Sometimes I think some of these places "just like to make you wait" so that... just to pass the time.... you will spend more on alcoholic beverages. 

RE: A topic..Why is the service so.. - ohliz - 03-15-2016

We solved the "wait time" issue in Jamaica by making sure we were happy being wherever we'd wait for an hour or two. When the kids were little we'd go to Boat Bar for breakfast every day and sit closest to the beach...kids played in sand and in water until food came. Heck *I* left the table for a quick dip if I got bored sitting with coffee and conversation at the table with the other adults Smile   So really breakfast time was beach time.

Same way with 3 Dives - waiting for dinner is really having cocktails and watching the sun set/sitting by the fire. I get annoyed if the food is ready too fast, I always plan to hang out by the cliff for a bit before we eat because it's pretty, and I enjoy the vibes just hanging out there. 

When I don't want to take time - traveling is the usual reason - I get food at Juici Patti or something like that. 

RE: A topic..Why is the service so.. - wendy - 03-15-2016

Totally agree ohliz, I sat down at cliffs edge waiting, drinking and just the peaceful atmosphere of the waves was good for me, heck, I even forgot that i ordered food  lol

RE: A topic..Why is the service so.. - oldtimer - 03-16-2016

you guys are just a bunch of drunks...I can see that now . .......if only we could have met sooner...hehehe

RE: A topic..Why is the service so.. - ohliz - 03-16-2016

Cocktails do make pre-meal time enjoyable OT, I won't lie Smile

RE: A topic..Why is the service so.. - wendy - 03-16-2016

I've never met you yet O.T .....waiting.

RE: A topic..Why is the service so.. - oldtimer - 03-17-2016

I guess I said that a little wrong . I think I should have said " I wish I had met you guys ".

RE: A topic..Why is the service so.. - booger - 03-22-2016

I gave up on Canoe and 3 Dives for this very reason. They simply lag much longer than I care to wait. If I need good food in a decent amount of time I stop off at Jenny's/C&D bar and Connie knows what I want and how fast I want it. If on the beach Country Country serves up the food pretty quick as well. 

If really hungry you can hit up barrel chicken, Bourbon Beach, Mi Yard, or Niah's if he is in shop. Red Dragon is good for lunch if you time it right. German bar is pretty timely as well, if they are staffed right. They hustle at the German bar, whether staffed right or not. Still have yet to swing into Burger King to grab ANYTHING. Maybe next trip I'll make the plunge.