The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
American woman missing in MoBay - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: American woman missing in MoBay (/showthread.php?tid=101326)

Pages: 1 2

American woman missing in MoBay - JonTom - 02-27-2016

Article says she went missing in October and never even checked into her hotel. Rather scary. Doesn't sound like this will end well.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/news/20160227/missing-american-woman-last-seen-mobay
"Missing: American Woman Last Seen In MoBay"

RE: American woman missing in MoBay - jitterbug - 02-27-2016

Definitely does not sound good!

RE: American woman missing in MoBay - Blues Pirate - 02-28-2016

I think it's strange that four months later the police finally decide to start looking for her. There must be a lot more to the story that is not being disclosed.

RE: American woman missing in MoBay - JonTom - 02-28-2016

BP, I also thought the 4 month lapse was odd, but didn't necessarily think that meant the police had just started the search.

My thinking was more along the lines of it took this long for the press to report it (perhaps because they didn't know yet or perhaps there was some pressure to not report on it yet - the latter showing my rather cynical view of the powers in JA that will do all they can to not have any negative impact on tourism).

RE: American woman missing in MoBay - oldtimer - 02-29-2016

one of many , sad but true .

RE: American woman missing in MoBay - Sharleen - 02-29-2016

I am unfamiliar with this property in Green Island so I looked it up:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g3200052-d3479596-Reviews-Palm_Tree_Guest_House-Green_Island_Hanover_Parish_Jamaica.html 

I would sort of assume that the woman had been to Jamaica before and was familiar with Green Island.  (? ? ?)

It is not that unusual to just find a random taxi driver.  I can think of at least three times when my departure plane was delayed like six to ten hours after I had already gotten to the airport & I would find a taxi driver to drive me and my daughters around Mobay for hours at a fixed price. 

RE: American woman missing in MoBay - rastagirl777 - 03-02-2016

Strange indeed...agreed about the newspaper not reporting, hopefully the cops were on it way before.  But in four months nothing...?

I noticed something towards the middle of last year.  All of a sudden shootings and murders in Westmoreland were no longer being reported in the newspaper.  It struck me actually this summer when a well known business man in Negril was shot to death and the newspapers never printed a peep about it.  I started to wonder, and still do, if they were pressured into NOT reporting because the tourists on Facebook (and other boards) were getting freaked out.  Thinking out loud...

RE: American woman missing in MoBay - CardBoardBox - 03-03-2016

RG, you keep thinking. Smile

The 12/23 murder (buried 2/20/16) never made the press. Wouldn't sell newspapers, wouldn't help public image of Negril.

And yet, someone told me everyone including the police knew who did it. Perhaps not the shooter, but someone mentioned the LADY running a lotto scam.

I have no confidence that this was truthful.

Being negative, I see little incentive for people to help the police any more than the police solving the crime issues. However, searching for "crime stop jamaica" does give some hope if more people were aware of the program. That is how/why the missing-person made the jamaica-gleaner

Aside: another search turned up this: Published:Wednesday | March 2, 2016 | 2:04 PM

The police boat that was stolen from a dock in Negril, Westmoreland three weeks ago has been found in the Central American country of Honduras without engines

RE: American woman missing in MoBay - JonTom - 03-07-2016

Another American Woman gone missing in MoBay. This one reported 2 days after she went missing. I don't understand the inconsistency in reporting dates/timeframes.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/American-missing-in-MoBay

RE: American woman missing in MoBay - jitterbug - 03-07-2016

Question453 what is going on???
women seem to be easy prey . . .