The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
HGTV in Negril tonight - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: HGTV in Negril tonight (/showthread.php?tid=101306)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - rootswoman - 02-16-2016

http://www.realtor.com/international/listing-detail/TORAH-DRIVE_Negril_Westmoreland_JM_16064522

ha ha here is another - it is looking more and more like an advertisement . For sale 432 days!

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - rootswoman - 02-16-2016

http://www.realtor.com/international/listing-detail/WHITEHALL-PHASE-2_Negril_Westmoreland_JM_16796475

isint this Robert Farace's (sp??) place??  Remember him?

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - oldtimer - 02-17-2016

In most cases this is called money laundrying . Just look back 30-40 years ago when places on the beach and up the West end rd could be bought for not much money . When you drive to TB just look at the houses up on the side of the hills . Places on the beach with 10 rooms with no guests how can they be worth $1.5M US . The most famous one being up on the cliffs . Just look around when strolling along . Go up to the top of Redground and take a look what's there . It will blow you away .

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - fatty pondirock - 02-17-2016

Yes Sallie....that's Bobby's place!!!

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - jitterbug - 02-17-2016

(02-16-2016, 10:26 PM)rootswoman Wrote:  http://www.realtor.com/international/listing-detail/WHITEHALL-PHASE-III_Negril_Westmoreland_JM_17632944

Lol  I couldn't believe they even considered that crazy place .

i believe this is the place that mark from zimbali operated with that rasta man until they had a dispute . . . rasta owned the property and mark outfitted it, furnished and ran it for a while . . . now that furniture and fixings are at zimbali . . . i toured it some years back . . . had a drink . . . it boasted some nice grounds with some sort outdoor theatre for poetry reading and such . . . meditation room on top floor . . . 

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - Tim - 02-17-2016

(02-16-2016, 07:11 AM)jitterbug Wrote:  wasn't this the episode of the dermatologist from boston and her raggea star husband? they bought a property on the west end and wanted to open a wine bar? . . . her performed at drifters bar?

That's the episode I watched last week. They bought the property on the cliffs and planned on opening the wine bar. We never noticed any sign of it last month. I thought the price they paid was pretty low considering the location. I don't think there are many private residences along the cliffs.

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - jitterbug - 02-18-2016

true. i will try to spot it while on my vacation . . .
would be nice to see a follow up . . .

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - rastagirl777 - 02-19-2016

Actually - there are many private residences "along the cliffs" aka West End.  Just off the top of my head I can think of 7, including our yard, heading north (and that's just on the seaside).  South of our yard most properties are private residences.

I don't watch the show but it seems the "Castle Cove" property - the one where they wanted to open a wine bar is a place that my friends built and owned and it used to be called Patou Rock.  (Sharleen - you know this place and the original owners I believe). I've been there several times.  The building itself, the "castle" - is pretty unique.  What I always found special about the place was the seafront "back yard" - it was a beautiful and dramatic setting with great views and was purported to be the actual most western tip of the island (this is very unproven and others think other spots are...)  The TV people that bought it will be the third owners and if the price that they said they paid is correct, the people they bought it from lost money on their original purchase.

Its seems this show brings people on that are really "green" when it comes to Jamaica.  The "family from Texas" for example - and I think I said this before - they are in for a rude awakening when it comes time to educate their kids.  This wine bar couple - I personally do not think a wine bar would be a success in Negril.  GOOD wine is expensive and not the easiest to import into the country.  A wine bar was opened very briefly right across the street from where they bought - shuttered it seemed within minutes.  Now, what they do have going for them is that beautiful seaside stretch along the property - if it looks the same as it did under the original owners it can be quite a location for SOMETHING.  I know the original owners tried to do a restaurant there and talked of opening a nightclub there years ago.

Jitterbug, yes that does look like Mark's old place!  He brought us up there when they first built it - they called it the Rastafarian Learning Center.  I found the building "weird" but the grounds were beautiful and you couldn't beat the views.  I especially loved the ampitheater (sp?) and envisioned lovely acoustic music shows in that intimate setting - save of course for the location which is pretty remote (or was back then, I think a lot of building has gone on around there since then).  Now - I always thought that was in Redground?  Also - I heard from my Godson that there is an Italian Restaurant operating out of there as of January at least.  If its the same place my godson gave it rave reviews.

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - jitterbug - 02-19-2016

for sure "green" people buying property . . . yikes . . . i'd want to take my kids out of there once they hit pre-teens . . . there is nothing for young kids in jamaica . . . 

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - JonTom - 02-20-2016

YMMV, but if I search in Google "Caribbean life f", the first thing that is listed is "Caribbean life fake". It appears the original from which it spawned ("House Hunters") has been under attack for years as being faked, or at least heavily manipulated.

After seeing the Negril episode w/ the Texas couple with young kids and no mention of education, I have to think it was all staged.