The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
HGTV in Negril tonight - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: HGTV in Negril tonight (/showthread.php?tid=101306)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

HGTV in Negril tonight - kylake - 02-14-2016

If any of you have access to HGTV they have a show called Caribbean Life at 8pm central they will be in Negril.
http://www.hgtv.com/shows/caribbean-life

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - rootswoman - 02-14-2016

Thanks Kylake - DVR is set!  I love that show - I taped the St Croix one as well.  A girl can always dream.

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - kylake - 02-14-2016

We dream also every week:-) Some of the deals are great and some are not. What amazes me is the amount of money some of the people have to invest and sometimes just to use it as a vacation home. There is a somewhat new development on the far side of Bloody Bay and in Hanover Parrish I believe. I would almost bet they will look at a house there. If not I would be surprised.

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - jitterbug - 02-15-2016

wish they did a follow up . . . did this couple start up their wine bar?

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - kylake - 02-15-2016

We never did find the wine bar one, only the family moving to Negril. We were somewhat disappointed as they didn't show much of Negril

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - jitterbug - 02-16-2016

wasn't this the episode of the dermatologist from boston and her raggea star husband? they bought a property on the west end and wanted to open a wine bar? . . . her performed at drifters bar?

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - rootswoman - 02-16-2016

No Jitters,
This was a couple with three young kids from Texas.  They seemed pretty clueless about Jamaica.  I have no idea how they were going to support themselves - perhaps they have jobs where they can work remotely.  They had a pretty little blond girl who was about ten years old and two younger kids.  This is the time I would be getting my daughter out of Jamaica - not bringing her in. They showed them playing on the beach by Alfred's - which is fine if life was one big vacation. It was hard to  imagine them in Jamaican schools. I couldn't help but think "do they really know what they are doing"

They bought an odd semi circular shaped house.  We kept noticing the shoddy construction (lack of door jams and window frames - supper slippery shoddily  set tile floors throughout. We noticed a huge crack in a door jam)  

They never once mentioned safety when looking at properties.

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - Jerrydread - 02-16-2016

I Couldn't agree more Rootswoman
That family is gonna be running back to Texas in 3 months tops.
That episode was totally bizzaro world to me.
Maybe it was a paid piece by some Negril/JA reality company or something?

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - JonTom - 02-16-2016

(02-16-2016, 07:26 PM)Jerrydread Wrote:  I ...
Maybe it was a paid piece by some Negril/JA reality company or something?
Exactly what I thought. He said something about "30 years in Telecom industry", but didn't say if he was telecommuting, retired or what.

No mention of security, and (maybe) more oddly, no talk of kids education. Home School? Put in Negril schools? I've read OT's stuff on his kids tribulations, (maybe 30 years ago and on North Coast), can't imagine them not planning seriously for the education.

Also odd they kept showing shots of the place on North end of Bloody Bay (someone mentioned above), but they didn't visit that. And there was a shot of the view from place on West End w/ flat beach and no development at all... I was "where could that possibly be?"

Perhaps too much a cynic, but by the end of the show I was thinking "this whole thing was a show. maybe they paid the family to pose".

RE: HGTV in Negril tonight - rootswoman - 02-16-2016

http://www.realtor.com/international/listing-detail/WHITEHALL-PHASE-III_Negril_Westmoreland_JM_17632944

Lol I couldn't believe they even considered that crazy place .