The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
76-year-old dies in motorcycle accident in Negril - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: 76-year-old dies in motorcycle accident in Negril (/showthread.php?tid=101305)

Pages: 1 2

76-year-old dies in motorcycle accident in Negril - rootswoman - 02-13-2016

http://iriefm.net/76-year-old-dies-in-motorcycle-accident-in-negril/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

76-year-old dies in motorcycle accident in Negril
Another senseless death - this was a tourist.  Be careful walking those streets folks!

RE: 76-year-old dies in motorcycle accident in Negril - jitterbug - 02-13-2016

wonder if things will ever change in negril?

RE: 76-year-old dies in motorcycle accident in Negril - Firemon - 02-13-2016

An ambulance would be nice.Crack_glass

RE: 76-year-old dies in motorcycle accident in Negril - captaind on Zion Hill - 02-14-2016

(02-13-2016, 08:30 PM)Firemon Wrote:  An ambulance would be nice.Crack_glass

This is a quote from someone at the scene.

"However, I do know police and EMS were on the scene quickly. "

RE: 76-year-old dies in motorcycle accident in Negril - Oldtimer2 - 02-14-2016

That's a plus !!!! for the medical help but it doesn't address the crazy driving

RE: 76-year-old dies in motorcycle accident in Negril - Blues Pirate - 02-14-2016

Very sad. The rider took off but witnesses gave the exact make and model of the bike. Let's hope their memories will be just as good at giving up the guys name.

RE: 76-year-old dies in motorcycle accident in Negril - suzengrace - 04-20-2016

Why the hell can't they put in some heavy-duty speed bumps..like the ones i recently seen in tulum ...You'd be an idiot and lose the bottom of your car you go flying thru that.. people aren't yogin slow down- even if they speed or cause an accident there's little consequence.. but there would be if they messed up there vehicles... Money would have been better spent on that vs the "sidewalk" IMHO.... 

RE: 76-year-old dies in motorcycle accident in Negril - Flintstone - 04-22-2016

I would respectfully disagree about the speed bump solution, if you ever have to ride in the back of a ambulance with some one you love and they have a broken back from a auto accident, every bump is extreme pain. (yes I did this) Maybe the solution would be a sidewalk for the west end. It may save lives and help business's as well. People should not fear for their lives while strolling on vacation!!

RE: 76-year-old dies in motorcycle accident in Negril - CardBoardBox - 04-22-2016

Whereas the news story said "... crash on the Norman Manley Boulevard in Negril....", the only connection with One Love Drive is that one is forced to walk next to (and even on) the roadway.

I venture to say sidewalks there would be hard to install starting around On The Rocks, and wouldn't give any protection for the few brave soles who do walk South of OTR/Tryon's Bar.

Without putting a price on a life, I would think 8-12 inch concrete filled pipes every dozen feet would form a protective wall.

The geography currently requires switching sides for increased (or any) safety. Oh goody; now we can talk about traffic lights too at those cross over points. Smile

No vote for speed bumps from me. They are temporary slowdowns for people with lead feet. Bigger potholes which span the road width?

RE: 76-year-old dies in motorcycle accident in Negril - Oldtimer2 - 04-23-2016

regardless , something has to be done or it will be exactly the same forever . If they make money from the tourists then it is the tourist that must be protected . But I really think that they just don't get it .When our group go out for dinner ( usually 6 times in 2 weeks ) we , the group of 6-8 people , spend about $100 each on food , drinks , tips , and now taxi's . As an example ,my daughter-in-law had her b'day meal at Ivan's . My sister paid  the bill which was north of $800 US tip in . Our taxi took us to Ivan's and back .
The people in this group would have LOVED !!!! to walk part way back , check out a couple of little places ,have a drink and carry on . BUT NOT NOW !!!! It's taxi door to door . Too much "A" game for these old guys and we are the ones with the $'s . Rob us ??? why ,we carry cards at night !!!! if we aren't stopping at small places . I apologize for the run on but I still have a spirit to see/do things but being killed isn't one of them . Next year our group will be 12 people consisting of 12 rooms but it will be 1 week in TB and 1 week in Negril but I would love to have it 1 week on the cliffs and 1 week on the beach .