The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
From a little cottage in the hills----- - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: From a little cottage in the hills----- (/showthread.php?tid=101301)

From a little cottage in the hills----- - captaind on Zion Hill - 02-11-2016

Since I returned in 2010 after 24 years away we've built a water supply system, cleared the bush, fenced in the 6 acres, started the organic farm, selling coconut oil and cane juice in the district, built the electrical service, finished Ailsa's apartment including A/C, sent two pickney to school, started Linston's Zion Hill Taxi service and more.

Invested north of 50K US. And now it's my time!

In two weeks we start to rebuild a place up on Zion Hill.

My heart and spirit are on that hill and now it's time to come home for real...

Ya think I have the "hardly waits"?

Cap

RE: From a little cottage in the hills----- - Firemon - 02-11-2016

Sounds like you've got a good thing going.  Enjoy the ride.  Although I must laugh at your Hardly Waits vs Soon Come dilemma. 

How far is your spread from Negril?  Just in case you welcome the occasional visitor...

RE: From a little cottage in the hills----- - captaind on Zion Hill - 02-11-2016

We're 6miles by the way John Crow flies. 10 Miles by road.

Visitors are always welcome with a bit of a heads up.

Cap

RE: From a little cottage in the hills----- - Oldtimer2 - 02-11-2016

As long as the bad guys leave you alone . You certainly do have a lovely place . Jealousy is a hard thing to protect yourself from .

RE: From a little cottage in the hills----- - rootswoman - 02-11-2016

Congratulations Cap!

What a wonderful thing it must be to watch your dreams unfold.  
Wishing you nothing but the best in your little cottage in the hills.

RE: From a little cottage in the hills----- - captaind on Zion Hill - 02-11-2016

OT,

Thanks for the good wishes and encouragement.

You are truly a breath of fresh air

Cap

RE: From a little cottage in the hills----- - Oldtimer2 - 02-11-2016

Cap,
I lived and worked in Jamaica for years and years . I owned land in Treasure Beach for 44 years, hoping to do what you are doing . I sold it a couple of years ago because I was scared of no defense to protect it and no backup health . If you read my post as being cnid I'm sorry . I certainly didn't read your post as being sarcastic. Outside certain area's , Jamaica scares me somewhat as my age creeps along . While living there and having CHILDREN GOING TO SCHOOL THERE !!! I have seen a parent shot to death in a school yard , I lived next to an expat who was shot to death and I lived next to the Dr. who was killed in Sheffield . That's where I'm coming from .