The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Duncan Hines - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Duncan Hines (/showthread.php?tid=101299)

Duncan Hines - CardBoardBox - 02-10-2016

Alternative subject line: Weed cookies, famous cakes, college. But I picked the name of a brownie mix just to get a "Say What?"

Back in circa 1970's, when the price of a lid was $20 (about the same as today if you know who to buy from), in college and the time that Alice's Restaurant was popular, we would take 11 level teaspoons of shifted herb and mix it in to a Duncan Hines Double Fudge Brownie mix package. Baked for twice the time specified. Required because it was still soggy after the recommended bake time, and we all know that heat is required to get any result from the weed.

That's a lot of herb, but for ten people, it was party time. Warnings and observations follow: "You notice it before you know it." That doesn't mean it hits you fast, for indeed, it used to take 45 minutes until you noticed unusual behavior, started to laugh, etc.

Never consume two just because you like brownies. Exception: one guy ate two and felt NOTHING. Maybe he had never smoked, ever. I think that there is an initial hump one has to get over the first time, but due to the loss of brain cells, I'm not sure about that fact anymore.

Duration: In my case, 14 hours. Know what it's like to go to class the next morning still stoned? It happened, but no one on this planet has experienced the same time. Maybe I'm just a good baker. LOL

I do not advocate drugs. They say it affects memory, and, ah, some say it affects memory. What were we talking about again? It might affect memory.

If you do partake and have access to a record player, I suggest Fire Sign Theater comedy albums.

To the young people: you might find that body chemistry changes (age 30?) and some things which were fun now only make you sleepy.
To the old people: My Grandfather (RIP age 98) was convinced that prescription drugs will kill you. (Go listen to the late night commercials on TV where the cures  are worse than the diseases.)

LSD is an era gone by. I never did any, nor the "controllable acid" which begins with an M. But one guy I knew did some, went into the bathroom to shave, and saw his reflection without a head. Symbolic? Strange what memories survive this long. You wait. It will happen to you.

Anyone remember A Child's Garden of Grass? Funny and useful stuff.

RE: Duncan Hines - Tim - 02-10-2016

How much is a "lid"? I have heard the term but not locally.

RE: Duncan Hines - CardBoardBox - 02-10-2016

A lid was an ounce, although some (few) would describe it as whatever was is the baggie, akin to "something less than a Z"

RE: Duncan Hines - kylake - 02-12-2016

From the past lids were rated, a two finger lid, a three finger lid. I bet CBB remembers this also.
Speaking of Firesign Theater

RE: Duncan Hines - Tim - 02-12-2016

This was my knowledge of what a lid is LOL.

RE: Duncan Hines - rootswoman - 02-12-2016

I wonder where the term "a lid" came from.  I also wonder if it was regional. 

A "lid" was an ounce (term used loosely as scales were pretty pricey back then). School science labs rapidly lost their scales. in New England  where I grew up. I remember it being $20.00. 
 It was pretty lousy stuff but it worked. It was typically Mexican, Colombian or Jamaican.  It was heavily seeded and who knew what pesticides were used.  

Now in Oregon, the last I heard, a legal lid starts at about $200 plus tax. Its 10 times higher but it's much stronger and you know exactly what you are getting.  

RE: Duncan Hines - captaind on Zion Hill - 02-12-2016

(02-10-2016, 02:35 PM)Tim Wrote:  How much is a "lid"? I have heard the term but not locally.

A lid is the lid of a Prince Albert tobacco can. Fill the lid of a one pound can...was about 3 1/3 fingers or four on a good day.........

Cap

RE: Duncan Hines - Oldtimer2 - 02-13-2016

Now that is something I didn't know .

RE: Duncan Hines - Tim - 02-13-2016

Prince Albert- thats where I live.