The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Scuba question #2.. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Scuba question #2.. (/showthread.php?tid=101273)

Scuba question #2.. - Oldtimer2 - 01-22-2016

How much does a diving trip cost . At Rhodes Hall ( which advertises the best snorkeling in Jamaica ) is there diving there ? My daughter-in-law is going to go diving while in Jamaica in March .

RE: Scuba question #2.. - kylake - 01-23-2016

OT, I just snorkel but these guys get 5 stars on tripadvisor and they have a contact us on this page.
http://www.dreamteamdiversjamaica.com/index.html
Specifically for Rhodes Hall this is there page for packages but you could email the address on this page and ask what the charge for a trip would be if only visiting Rhodes Hall. I am sure they could accommodate that also.
http://www.rhodesresort.com/scuba-diving-negril-jamaica.html

RE: Scuba question #2.. - Passion4Diving - 01-24-2016

depending on the scuba operator, a dive can cost from US$60 to US$90.  Discounts are often provided for a multi-dive package.

Getting to the Samuel Bay dive areas from Negril (by boat) does take a while.  Hedo has a dive boat with twin 250s and the one way trip takes about 20+ minutes (and a goodly amount of gas).  So to use a dive operator based along Negril venues, the boat ride will take a lot longer and I would guess that they would not agree to a trip that long in a considerably less powerful boat.

If your daughter-in-law wants to dive in Rhodes Hall, probably easier to taxi there and use the Rose Hall dive operator.  There are good dive sites in the Negril Bay, including wrecks, very unique hard coral structures, plus the expected assortment of fish.

RE: Scuba question #2.. - Oldtimer2 - 01-24-2016

Thanks my peeps !!! I love to snorkel so if Rhodes Hall is good for a seasoned diver I think we'll try that .
Any one have any comments on that ?

RE: Scuba question #2.. - Passion4Diving - 01-24-2016

The only diving I have done in the Green Island area have been on deep (in mean 100 feet deep where the bottom is at 140 feet).  I have no experience on the shallow reefs in the Marine Park.  I would guess that because that area is not as aggressively visited (scuba or snorkel) the reefs are in a better shape (not being kicked on and pulled on).  In principle, because it is a Marine Park, fishing is not permitted (right!).

From what I have read, the reef is within 100 yards from shore (that is swimmable if you are a swimmer) and is close to the surface in many locations. There is a wide variety of channels, sand flats, wall faces, small caves and crevices, and interesting coral formations along with a good variety of fish.

RE: Scuba question #2.. - Oldtimer2 - 01-25-2016

sounds like the spot . Alicia (my DIL ) dives deep (she has been on really deep dives ) and I stay on the surface . PERFECT !!! This might be the day we try out Linston for taxi service for the day .

RE: Scuba question #2.. - TAH - 01-31-2016

The reef at Rhodes Hall is about 300 yards off shore, maybe a bit more. Nowhere near 100 yards. And Rhodes Hall has a boat that will take you snorkeling, they don't have a dive crew there, nor the equipment. Hedo is wrong. 

RE: Scuba question #2.. - Oldtimer2 - 01-31-2016

Thanks for the "heads up ". I think I might go there one day !!

RE: Scuba question #2.. - TAH - 01-31-2016

It's an awesome reef.