The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Scuba Question - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Scuba Question (/showthread.php?tid=101267)

Scuba Question - Firemon - 01-19-2016

Hoping someone (ie-HedoDivemaster) can recommend a dive boat operation in Negril.
Do any of the A/I's allow non-guests to pay to go scuba diving ala carte?  

I've given up on snorkeling.  The reef the see-bottom boats frequent is abysmal.  Certainly the dive boats are going to better reefs further out...

RE: Scuba Question - Tim - 01-19-2016

I think you will find most operators dive from shore, not boats, in the Negril area. My wife and I took our open water course in Negril. Pretty sure it was with a couple German guys operating at Samsara. We also have gone out with another guy on the cliffs, don't remember the name.
No matter what, it won't match a place such as the reef off of the coast of Belize. We did a couple days there several years ago, no comparison.

RE: Scuba Question - rastagirl777 - 01-20-2016

Check out Dream Team Divers - they operate out of Sunset on the Cliffs.  Ken and Sabine are wonderful people and have a great business.

RE: Scuba Question - Passion4Diving - 01-20-2016

There are five scuba operators in Negril that I can suggest.  All but one uses dive boats (of various sizes) for their operations:

Sun Divers at Travellers resort

Dream Team Divers at Sunset on the Cliffs (they offer instruction in German)

Marine Life Divers at Samsara (they do both beach and boat dives)

Negril Scuba Centre at Mariners Negril Beach Club (oldest dive operation in Negril)

Scuba Caribe (independent operator that are located near the RIUs on Bloody Bay)
This operation does focus mostly on RIU guests, and will take walk-ins.

I am not aware of any AI-based scuba operator that will accept none guests (or even day pass guests) into their dive operations.

Enjoy blowing bubbles.

RE: Scuba Question - Oldtimer2 - 01-21-2016

Who's bubbles !!!!

RE: Scuba Question - Tim - 01-21-2016

I stand corrected about the boats Hedo. When we dove from Samsara they never had a boat that I saw. That was about 6 or 7 yesrs ago at least. Other place was run from one of the cliffs hotels as well but don't recall which one. Same thing, no dive boat there either. 
Thr only true dive boats I can recall are scaribe and sandals has a beauty.
Honestly, the best dive I have done in Jamaica was on my first trip to Jamaica. We were staying at the Starfish Trelawney A/I. This was before I did my certification, and was my first time scuba diving. It was one of those discover scuba dives. Turned out to be the boat captain, the divemaster, and me. We didn't go very deep, I think about 35ft. But we followed this long narrow trench full of fish. The divemaster led the way and spearfished. I carried the speared fish in a sack. I had a blast.

RE: Scuba Question - Firemon - 01-21-2016

THANKS for the information HDM!

As for OT, someone needs to tell him to grow upSmile  (Did ya catch that play on words?  You did?  You say it was blooming obvious?  Alright.  I'm done now--aside from one more juvenile addition--see photo below.)

[attachment=2282]

Guilty