The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Sand Removal in Negril - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sand Removal in Negril (/showthread.php?tid=101266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - rastagirl777 - 01-28-2016

OT!!!! Exactly!!! Where do all the doody go????? That, and us folks West End way can expect yet MORE water shortages due to it all being sucked up by development closer to the source (Royalton, Azul, Little Bay Country Club.....)
"I am pretty sure the beach will still be there in 5 years."

And.....why wouldn't it be? Sure. In 10 even. Maybe...who knows with all they are doing to destroy it and "protect it" at the same time.

It will just not be the Negril most of us knew.

As for you Tim, you really need to stop with the harassment.

I humbly apologize for getting the "native" country of this behemoth called "Azul" or "Karisma" wrong.  Everyone here ON THE GROUND has been saying it s a Mexican company.  I do believe I said I was having internet issues that day so didn't have a chance to google the whole Azul/Karisma thing. Excuse? I need an "excuse" not to look something up on Google? LOLOLOLOL!!!! OMG I AM PISSING MYSELF! What I was TRYING to say is that I actually DID try to Google it but my internet was being funky. Wow....Just...wow.

I am blessed to have the time and technology here to check Facebook, this board, TA (all from the comfort of my lounge chair on my patio facing the sea!) as well as sun, swim, cook, shop, spends tons of time with my friends and even toast to my friend Connie's 50th Birthday party yesterday (big up Girl!).  I think if you don't like what I say or how I say it you are the one who needs to get over yourself and just pass it by.  It seems the only time you like to post here is to get on my case.  I'm somewhat flattered that you feel the need to do that I guess my words have poignancy with you lol.

Done.  Sand removal sucks.  Lets all stay in touch and see what happens next with this idiotic breakwater.

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - kylake - 01-28-2016

Anyone have any pictures of what has been going on with the sand removal? It would be interesting to visually see what is happening in the area where the removal is in process.

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - Tim - 01-28-2016

I agree kylake. Would be worth more than all the words here. Not like we can do anything about it anyways.

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - Tim - 01-28-2016

(01-28-2016, 03:08 PM)rastagirl777 Wrote:  OT!!!!  Exactly!!!  Where do all the doody go????? That, and us folks West End way can expect yet MORE water shortages due to it all being sucked up by development closer to the source (Royalton, Azul, Little Bay Country Club.....)
"I am pretty sure the beach will still be there in 5 years."

And.....why wouldn't it be?
 Sure.  In 10 even. Maybe...who knows with all they are doing to destroy it and "protect it" at the same time.

It will just not be the Negril most of us  knew.

As for you Tim, you really need to stop with the harassment.

I humbly apologize for getting the "native" country of this behemoth called "Azul" or "Karisma" wrong.  Everyone here ON THE GROUND has been saying it s a Mexican company.  I do believe I said I was having internet issues that day so didn't have a chance to google the whole Azul/Karisma thing.  Excuse?  I need an "excuse" not to look something up on Google?  LOLOLOLOL!!!! OMG I AM PISSING MYSELF!  What I was TRYING to say is that I actually DID try to Google it but my internet was being funky.  Wow....Just...wow.

I am blessed to have the time and technology here to check Facebook, this board, TA (all from the comfort of my lounge chair on my patio facing the sea!) as well as sun, swim, cook, shop, spends tons of time with my friends and even toast to my friend Connie's 50th Birthday party yesterday (big up Girl!).  I think if you don't like what I say or how I say it you are the one who needs to get over yourself and just pass it by.  It seems the only time you like to post here is to get on my case.  I'm somewhat flattered that you feel the need to do that I guess my words have poignancy with you lol.

Done.  Sand removal sucks.  Lets all stay in touch and see what happens next with this idiotic breakwater.

"In five years or less even those of you new to Negril will not recognize the beach if anything resembling a beach is left."

You're the expert, you tell us.

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - CardBoardBox - 01-29-2016

Read my comments in the "good times" thread related to sands and the video glimpses of the changes and think back to when the sand bar went across the river mouth behind burger king one could walk across. Changes happen.

Never did see anyone with a shovel on the beach but did see trucks turning north onto the beach road from the round-a-bout loaded with what looked like sand.

Maybe I should have talked to the pairs of tourist police (no guns) walking through town about the trucks.

Found out that the email address on file with this msg board does not have to be valid. Wish there was a way to make the field null, or advise boardies "don't bother constructing an email (vs a PM) as the email will end up in the "bit bucket" (programming expression.) Please, no replies to this paragraph here.

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - rastagirl777 - 01-29-2016

CBB - Originally the sand was being "mined" in the dead of night, so few if anyone would see that activity - then.

Who knows now, they probably don't give a shit and are just doing it during the day.  Haven't been by that part of the beach in several weeks so can't say for sure - plus that big ol' Zinc fence doesn't allow for much "peeping".

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - rootswoman - 01-29-2016

TIME OUT!

Tim - Please! 
How long are you going to hold a grudge?
Let it go Man.  It is not a good look.

We haven't banned you because
 A - we don't like to ban anyone 
and B - when you are not attacking RG you have plenty of interesting contributions to make.

This is not TA - most of us don't read or give a damn about the negril forum on TA.  I use TA to research places I haven't been.  It seems that your anger with RG has its roots on TA.  Please just leave it over there in the future. 

OK,  Carry ON folks.

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - rastagirl777 - 01-30-2016

You're the expert, you tell us.

Its called creative license....man, I guess some people don't read real books.  Anyway, I was being dramatic to make a point.  Not everything everyone writes is to be taken literally but if you want to spend your time scouring old posts and nit-picking new ones have fun.  That's not what I'm here for at least.

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - TAH - 01-31-2016

RG, maybe you should reflect a little about why so many people seem to call you out all the time. I promise you there is a reason... I agree with your position on the sand mining, fwiw. 

Just sayin. 

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - rastagirl777 - 01-31-2016

TAH - I thought maybe you had something to say about the topic being discussed here. Sadly, you just had to publicly hand down some advise that was not asked for - to ME. Nothing having to do with sand, no sand, development or even Jamaica or even Negril.

"Just sayin'" has to be the most overused passive aggressive statement ever in the history of passive aggressive statements.

Just sayin'.