The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Sand Removal in Negril - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sand Removal in Negril (/showthread.php?tid=101266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - oldtimer - 01-26-2016

It just doesn't matter !!!! Where is all the new poop going ? They are selling Negril for what it was to people who think that is what their getting . Progress I DON'T THINK SO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - JonTom - 01-26-2016

A follow on article to the one HedoDiveMaster posted. Only slightly different.

and both have Pikersgill saying "I also note the considerable and the substantial value of the project to the Jamaican economy which outweighs all other consideration"

Not exactly taking the long view.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/article/lead-stories/20160126/cessation-order-lifted-developer-relocating-sand-st-ann-hotel

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - rastagirl777 - 01-26-2016

"I also note the considerable and the substantial value of the project to the Jamaican economy which outweighs all other consideration"

What an eediat.  He got bullied by the Mexicans.  Why don't they bring over their own fucking sand?

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - Blues Pirate - 01-26-2016

Actually Karisma's corporate office is in Florida. They are not Mexican.

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - kylake - 01-26-2016

"What an eediat.  He got bullied by the Mexicans"
Bullied or money in the pocket? My bet is on the money. Same here in the USA with our politicians.

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - rastagirl777 - 01-27-2016

Azul is a Mexican company.  Karisma is one of their "subsidiaries".

Oh yes, dude wants to protect his graft but his statement about economics taking precedence over the environment is what we here in Negril are taking GREAT objection to.

Azul threatened to pull out of Jamaica.  The Jamaican government believed the was a possibility.

In the US graft happens but we have a much stronger environmental protection situation in most cases.  If bulldozers came to mine sand in Bodega Bay you'd better believe they'd be shut down in 5 minutes.

In five years or less even those of you new to Negril will not recognize the beach if anything resembling a beach is left.

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - Blues Pirate - 01-27-2016

Rastagirl,
You have it backwards. Karisma is the parent company, Azul is only one brand of numerous resorts that Karisma owns world wide.

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - Tim - 01-27-2016

(01-27-2016, 08:19 AM)rastagirl777 Wrote:  Azul is a Mexican company.  Karisma is one of their "subsidiaries".

Oh yes, dude wants to protect his graft but his statement about economics taking precedence over the environment is what we here in Negril are taking GREAT objection to.

Azul threatened to pull out of Jamaica.  The Jamaican government believed the was a possibility.

In the US graft happens but we have a much stronger environmental protection situation in most cases.  If bulldozers came to mine sand in Bodega Bay you'd better believe they'd be shut down in 5 minutes.

In five years or less even those of you new to Negril will not recognize the beach if anything resembling a beach is left.

You might want to check your facts Rasta F-bomb.
Karisma head office is in the Dominican Republic, they own Azul.

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - rastagirl777 - 01-27-2016

Tim - you just have no manners.  If you have nothing to contribute - please don't.

I was under the impression from word about town here that Azul was the parent company of Karisma and based out of Mexico.  I stand corrected if I am wrong haven't had a chance to Google this.  I am in Jamaica, the power and internet out today due to high winds.  I trust BP with good information so if that's the case...accepted.

The bottom line is that they did threaten to pull out of Jamaica and "someone" believed them.  More sand gone, more beach gone and the possibility of this breakwater to "save the beach" still on the table. I mean...what???

I give up.  I do not vote here.  Nothing I or any of us can do except with our own  tourist dollars.  I have more at stake than just and and dollars here personally but it still makes me crazy.

RE: Sand Removal in Negril - Tim - 01-28-2016

Manners- talk about the pot calling the kettle black. 

You seem to have plenty of time for posting on T/A so give whatever excuses you want. 

When it comes to all things Jamaica you are the first to let anybody know they are wrong so please get over yourself.

Im sure nobody here is happy about the removal of sand from Negril but I am pretty sure the beach will still be there in 5 years. We can piss and moan all we want but as visitors to a country its not our decision to make.