The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
To Vend or Not To Vend? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: To Vend or Not To Vend? (/showthread.php?tid=101255)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: To Vend or Not To Vend? - jitterbug - 01-15-2016

for  the country to prosper and grow, the jamaican population has to start paying taxes all the way around . . . 
social services and such, take money . . . 
an uprising  by the population will take place somewhere down the road
(maybe not in our lifetime) before real changes will happen . . . 
and it will take time for the government corruption to cease . .  . 
a long time . .  . definitely not in my lifetime!

RE: To Vend or Not To Vend? - rastagirl777 - 01-16-2016

"Not really related but I read today the govt has shut down the Boston Jerk Center in Portland."
(eyes pop out of head) - did they say why?  When I was there it kinda looked like an "institution" but it was the worst jerk I've ever had.

They were also pretty aggressive with us and other visitors but still - it seemed to me they were a "spot" people went to to visit.

Sigh.

RE: To Vend or Not To Vend? - Tim - 01-16-2016

I would have posted a link but that's beyond my computer skills. Sounded like it was generally due to unsanitary conditions, lack of sinks/water etc.

We bought some delicious jerk chicken and pork sausage there, and one of the vendors took the time to explain to my wife how he made it.

I get the sanitary thing, from street food vendors, but I have to say I have never once gotten ill from street food in Jamaica, and it would be safe to say I have eaten it every day of every trip I have ever made there. I have only gotten "stomach problems" twice when travelling. Once in Cuba I went from relaxing on the beach and suddenly it was "which way to the bano??????" For 2 days I never let a toilet out of my sight. And this fun episode wasn't from street food, really didn't have that option where we were.
In Feb 2015 we travelled to Puerto Vallarta. In a previous trip there we enjoyed the street food immensely. Every night we did our "taco tour". The food cart vendors were dirt cheap and we found the food better than the high priced restaurants. But this time we both got sick. The toilet problems weren't as bad but we both spent a day feeling like shit, my wife pretty much slept a day away in the hotel.

RE: To Vend or Not To Vend? - rastagirl777 - 01-16-2016

I've never gotten sick from street food anywhere!  Especially not in Jamaica, as a matter of fact I only got food sick once in Jamaica - last year at Grand Lido at the Government Mule show - the "last night buffet".