The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
This Paris thing -- - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: This Paris thing -- (/showthread.php?tid=101195)

This Paris thing -- - Sharleen - 11-13-2015

Reminds me of a Bob Marley tune.  My daughter and her Dad were just going to go to Paris but decided on Venice and Rome instead.  Here are the lyrics of an old Wailers tune.  I am still eternally bothered by the way Familyman was treated financially.  Some old Wailers history, in the mid to early 1970's they were in Negril on a weekly basis, driving around in an army style green Rover Jeep.  Staying for the most part across from Rock House at a place called Awee Maway Village (burned down, owners killed) while building in Little Bay. So many young people murdered at a much anticipated concert, such a horrible thing to happen.  I have never heard of the group they were so many in attendance for.   Anyways, this Paris situation made me think of an old Wailers tune:

So much trouble in the world
So much trouble in the world

Bless my eyes this morning

Jah sun is on the rise once again

The way earthly thin's are goin'

Anything can happen.

You see men sailing on their ego trip,

Blast off on their spaceship,

Million miles from reality:

No care for you, no care for me.

So much trouble in the world;

So much trouble in the world.

All you got to do: give a little (give a little),

Give a little (give a little), give a little (give a little)!

One more time, ye-ah! (give a little) Ye-ah! (give a little)

Ye-ah! (give a little) Yeah!

So you think you've found the solution,

But it's just another illusion!

(So before you check out this tide),

Don't leave another cornerstone

Standing there behind, eh-eh-eh-eh!

We've got to face the day;

(Ooh) Ooh-wee, come what may:

We the street people talkin',

Yeah, we the people strugglin'.

Now they sitting on a time bomb; (Bomb-bomb-bomb! Bomb-bomb-bomb!)

Now I know the time has come: (Bomb-bomb-bomb! Bomb-bomb-bomb!)
What goes on up is coming on down, (Bomb-bomb-bomb! Bomb-bomb-bomb!)
Goes around and comes around. (Bomb-bomb-bomb! Bomb-bomb-bomb!)
So much trouble in the world.
There is so much trouble (so much trouble in the world);
There is so much trouble;
There is so much trouble (so much in the world);
There is so much trouble;
There is so much trouble in the world (so much trouble in the world);
There is (so much in the world);
(So much trouble in the world)

Read more: Bob Marley - So Much Trouble In The World Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Oldtimer, I hope you are doing a little better after the loss of your beloved dog.  My new dog escaped from her leash, I live in a really rural area but only 9/10'ths of a mile from a major interstate highway so my street is highly traveled.  I thought for sure she would be run over by a passing vehicle.  She was gleeful as she disappeared into the woods.  I called my stepfather who immediately came and captured her.  Years ago my husband and I had a little puppy we called Clark Kent.  He ran right in front of a car in the park  -- we drove him right away to the nearest vet we could find, we could smell poop, he was dead by the time we reached the vets, it was horrible, we loved our little Clark Kent.  It is the worst experience to lose a beloved pet.  I almost started crying today, I have several pictured on my refrigerator of our dog Roamie Doodle Dandy who died on his 13th birthday on 3/13/13 and as I looked at his sweet little face I got so horribly sad.  He had a stance we called his "Handsome Look".

RE: This Paris thing -- - Westenders - 11-14-2015

The world is becoming a scary place!

RE: This Paris thing -- - Firemon - 11-14-2015

RE: This Paris thing -- - rastagirl777 - 11-17-2015

This Paris thing....awful.  What's more awful is that it brings out the absolute worst hatred in people as a knee jerk reaction.  I'm reading more bigotted crap on Facebook than I care to.  But I digress.

My family lives in Paris - Mom's side.  They are all safe...they are all freaked but they are all safe.  Mom leaves for Paris a week from tommorow without trepidation or fear.  Lots of chatter all around about how people would cancel their trips and my guess that lots did.  My mother and I are of a common core - we do not walk in fear and will not let these assholes disrupt our plans to live life.  It brings to mind past discussions about the increase in crime in and around Negril and how many were planning not to go again...rethinking their vacations, choosing other destinations...many of those same people made it back again this year but a few, including long time friends of mine are staying away.

Tragedies such as this serve as a reminder that we only run around the sun for a limited number of times and that that time could be called at any time.  Life is for living out loud, without fear.  Don't ever let the "bad guys" win.

RE: This Paris thing -- - kylake - 11-17-2015

Sad event and far too many now days. Sad for the place this world is being taken to by only a few.
[attachment=2230]

RE: This Paris thing -- - daniel - 11-17-2015

(11-17-2015, 07:29 PM)rastagirl777 Wrote:  This Paris thing....awful.  What's more awful is that it brings out the absolute worst hatred in people as a knee jerk reaction.  I'm reading more bigotted crap on Facebook than I care to.  

Tragedies such as this serve as a reminder that we only run around the sun for a limited number of times and that that time could be called at any time.  Life is for living out loud, without fear.  Don't ever let the "bad guys" win.

I surely agree with these points  .

Q - Sharleen - 11-18-2015

I think that only the bigger cities will be a target, I am so glad that I live in a rural area of upstate NY.  I work at a major University in upstate NY & we were warned last year or the year before if the FBI came around, or someone that said they represented them, to call a number that they gave right away and to give NO information. 
    I remember one awful horrific thing that a (most likely FAKE dread root driver taxi said to me) after the 9/11 attack was that "They Got Babylon Good" -- it made me totally SICK. 
     This entire business of what is going on in the world is so totally evil.  I am a reggae music lover and have frequented Queens, Jamaica NY, Bronx in some of the most scary neighborhoods without fear.  I don't fear those neighborhoods but I am now scared to take my small grandkids to New York City -- this really stinks.
    I have always wanted to visit the Vietnam Memorial in Washington DC, I had quite a bit of junior and high school students who were sent to Nam due to poor performance in school, minor arrest records, etc. who died there.  I now think that I will not be able to ever go because of terrorist paranoid (sp?) on my part.
    My Mom is from U.K. and I have always really LOVED London in my dozen or so visits there.  It can be WEIRD though, so many no UK people living in tents on the street.  Or just in sleeping bags.  This is another one of my places that I might be too paranoid to visit again.  In a quite distant time ago, I remember going to London for six months, starting out at I think the Royal Horseguards Hotel, this really pricey place with shieks and their harems, beautiful plans and true the most expensive Oriental Rugs all around, and then three weeks later we were at this "sort of " flop house in Tragalgae Square.  It wasn't really a seedly type of flop house at all, just some old lady that ran a bread and breakflast type of place.  EXCEPT  you had to have your breakfast by "latest" 6:30 a.m."  And we would be out scoring for sensi in the midnight hours at places frequenty by Canadian visitors.
    And back in those days our rising time was something like noon.  But since we had the breakfast free and at this point were pretty much totally broke we needed it so just told the lady to open up our door and take the breakfast in.  To take a bath, you would have to hand-light the gas heater in your bathtub and wait for the water to heat.  I swear the mattresses (goose down still) were like 100 years old. What a huge difference from the high end Royal Horseguards Hotel.
      Our trip was financed by a very well known spaghetti sauce maker, who I don't want to show this persons name.  The first hotel we stayed in was like a MANSION, I tell you, like something I could sort of imagine. YOW jettlag is a total drag.
    She was starting a boutique -- high end clothes and boots and shoes geared towards rock stars, it was fun and interesting to work for her.
     Any how, my friends on jamericans.net or whatever, I have been having some severe knee problems, actually probabaly not so severe but my one KNEEE has been killing me lately.  It kind of feels like 150 knives punching in there

RE: This Paris thing -- - Blues Pirate - 11-18-2015

CNN had a very informative online article yesterday explaining a very complex situation which is well worth reading. http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/17/opinions/isis-no-military-answer-paton-walsh/index.html

RE: This Paris thing -- - kylake - 11-18-2015

Interesting story Sharleen and thanks for posting!

BP, until the Suni and Shia resolve the internal strife with their religion it will always be complicated and impossible to resolve. Thanks for the article though.
I liked this quote from the article.
"But in Iraq, the West has shown that it is pretty useless at invading, remodeling and then administering a Middle Eastern country. Saudi Arabia and Iran know this and don't see that as a real prospect in the future."

Here is an article you might like to read.
Fairly long article there is a cliff note of the same but I cannot find it.
http://www.newstatesman.com/world-affairs/2014/11/wahhabism-isis-how-saudi-arabia-exported-main-source-global-terrorism