The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
For OldTimer - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: For OldTimer (/showthread.php?tid=101167)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: For OldTimer - oldtimer - 11-30-2022

Yes I do know him personally .Another player you might know or heard tell of was Amy Ferguson . She was goalie for Dartmouth U . She was an allstar and they won Tier 1 nationals .She is from here , as where I live . Maybe even Bobby Naylor . He played for Toronto and got hurt in practice and that ended his NHL carrer. He started and ran a hockey school/rec complex in upstate New York for many years . If he was alive he would be in his 80's now . Also maybe David Wiesner . He was Bobby's nephew and was Captain of BU Terriors for a couple of years and won Tier ! nationals . He was drafted by Vancouver Canucks by Orland Kurtinbach .Small world eh ! my son was drafted by the Adirondack River Rats but choose the water instead . My son said he would rather get beat to death on the high seas than on frozen water ...hehehe I really enjoyed this bit of talk about hockey from the not so long ago past. Like I said before the Maritimers can " go " No backing down I would love to say that Borge Salming was from here .

RE: For OldTimer - Negril75 - 11-30-2022

OT Perhaps a bit boring for the other folks here on the "Yellow Board" so I am sorry for that but talking hockey with you in enjoying for me too. I'm glad your son was able to go to Ohio State and get drafted by the River Rats. I think he made a good decision not pursuing hockey after school and hope that he is happy being back in NS on the boat!!

Yes he is !!!

RE: For OldTimer - Negril75 - 11-30-2022

OT my place in Maine is about 25 miles west on RT 9 from the Calais / St Stephen NB border. I don't know if you get over to NB or not but if you do we should hook up!! Or maybe I'll take the ferry across and visit you in NS?? Talk about all the good old days!!

sounds good

RE: For OldTimer - Jenny - 01-20-2023

Old Timer!!! Hello! I came on to this board just now & I see this! How are you doing?? Hoping your winter up there has not been too brutal this year.
LOTS has happened here. Too much to reiterate, so I'll try to hit the high points. I retired from my public school school psychologist job in June 2017. Pretty quickly, my parents needed me (I'm an only child), so I switched working to caring for them. Father passed away not too long before COVID hit (he didn't die from COVID, though). As Mother was developing dementia, I struggled to care for her & still run my household, so ended-up needing to move her into assisted living. Then COVID hit & their place was locked-down. I worked on going-through, packing, closing-down & selling what needed to be sold over the next 6 months & sold their place. I visited with her using my lawn chair at her window with us talking on the phone while looking at each other, FaceTimed with her, had phone conversations with her & wrote her letters. Eventually things loosened-up & I was able to take her out to dr appts or lunches (with masks). Then the residents didn't have to mask-up around each other, but we visitors still masked, except I could take it off while visiting her in her room. This past October, she aspirated on her food & developed aspiration pneumonia, & never recovered; she was 95. She was in the ICU, then entered a hospice home, where I stayed with her until she took her final breaths. Then we had to let Tico, our beloved 17 year-old dog, go on December 30th. Loss upon loss upon loss Sad  . Still processing all that.
On the positive side, Don & I still have our 15 year-old dog, Dexter, who's drinking in all the attention! We're building a house on some land my parents bought back in 1958.
There's more, but that's enough to digest now.
I wish you a good 2023. I'll come back on to read more of your posts to try to catch-up with you, given my lengthy absence. Take care, OT!

RE: For OldTimer - oldtimer - 01-21-2023

Holy Crap Jenny . Is there no end to 'stuff " .
I am so proud to be able to say " our Jenny " and really mean it . You are a " once in a lifetime jewel !!!!!!!!! "
Stay safe Mi Fren .
OT

RE: For OldTimer - Jenny - 01-21-2023

OT, it's okay; I mean, once you live to a certain age, you have to expect to lose others, ya know?! It comes with the territory. There's lots of positive stuff gwan too.
Have you made it back to Jamaica? I have not; last time I went was when I took Mother with me on one of her 2 trips there. Christmastime 2010. Am finally at a point where I can travel again. Don & I are going to get our passports soon (we let the old ones expire!). So many places yet to see!
Take care & stay warm!