The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
For OldTimer - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: For OldTimer (/showthread.php?tid=101167)

Pages: 1 2 3

For OldTimer - Jenny - 10-21-2015

Hello, OT & everyone else. I'm posting this here at OT's request. What follows is what OT wrote after our dog, Corky, died from a cancerous tumor on 11/17/2009. I was so heartbroken & had suffered being banned from another internet venue & that's when I came to this great place, the "Yellow Board." OT wrote this:

"Dedicated to Corky: To "The Likkle Dog That Could." Here, Corky, come over here; I want to talk to you. Thank you for bringing us together here. It was you, yes, you, that made people REALLY think about what a "travel board" was all about. You knew that Stripes and taxi drives will always be there, but to ask us to help your buddy, Jenny, through her rough time and then be fired under the bus by a cold-hearted, insensitive guru of the perfect nothing, took lots of "dog sense." You did all you could and now your work is finished. Rest well on that soft couch forever. Run through the Field of Dreams, leaping over puddles of tears of happier times. You did well, Corky, and I raise a Milk Bone to you as I type. All I can say now is: "Go Corky Go!"

Following this, others posted very comforting thoughts, but I have to say that OldTimer REALLY got it right. It was like you knew, Corky, OT! He was a proud, confident likkle dog! I still weep when I read this every year on the anniversary of losing him.

OT, I hope that these words, coming back to you, give you too some immense comfort. What you wrote was the most comforting thing I heard around that awful time.

RE: For OldTimer - Jenny - 10-21-2015

Here's another thing, OT, that I think you'll need right now:

A Poem for the Grieving

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on the snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.........
- Anonymous

RE: For OldTimer - Oldtimer2 - 10-21-2015

Thank You Jenny . You are a true lady !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: For OldTimer - Winni - 10-22-2015

You both are bringing tears to my eyes.

Jenny I hope things are good with you. 

OT hang in there, loosing our furbabies is very hard on us.  They take a piece of our heart the minute they arrive into our lives.  They are our companions and confidants, needing only love in return.

Smiley fondle little dog

w

RE: For OldTimer - Jenny - 10-22-2015

Winni - it's been awhile - my bad. I'm assigned to NINE schools in my role as a public school psychologist and, well, you wanna talk about stress! However in 2-1/2 years, I'll join Karen & be RETIRED! Mine you, it's NOT the student; I LOVE them. It's the system and the administrators that drive me crazy. I just don't have it in my anymore to do this much longer. However, right now, I have so little time that I'm rarely ever to get onto anything online. I do Facebook more than anything. But this is still my favorite group of people & board!

RE: For OldTimer - Angel - 10-23-2015

Nice posts Jenny, I remember all that. Glad you stopped in here. Sounds like you are busting your butt at work. Hope family is well.

RE: For OldTimer - Jenny - 10-27-2015

Thank you, Angel; I too remember you well! We now have a grandson!!!!! Spencer, who's 17 months old! We'll be able to next see him when they come down from Maryland for Christmas. We manage a visit up or they come down twice yearly, and do Facetiming to catch up in between. Tico & Dexter are doing great. Tico is a very neurotic dog who licks Dexter's ears & eyes, keeping them clean. Dexter is a very very lazy dog who only occasionally rips it up on the carpet! I feel for OldTimer, because I know how awful it feels when your dog passes. Ugh. I mean, it's not enough to keep you from bonding with another dog, but it hurts tremendously. I just wish that I could scoop you up into a HUGE hug, OT!!!!!!! Someday, a trip to Nova Scotia is in my future.....

RE: For OldTimer - Oldtimer2 - 10-27-2015

WOW !!!! I'll treat you like the wonderful !!!!!! person you are !!!! Pssst...don't tell anyone but we have wine here...be very quiet somebody else might find out !!!

RE: For OldTimer - Jenny - 10-27-2015

You must know that I LOVE wine, OT. We'll make a big toast!

RE: For OldTimer - Oldtimer2 - 11-26-2015

It's a heart breaker !!!