The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Sssshhhhh - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sssshhhhh (/showthread.php?tid=101146)

Sssshhhhh - Blues Pirate - 10-09-2015

Sure is quiet in here.

RE: Sssshhhhh - oldtimer - 10-09-2015

I was thinking the same thing . What we need is a good topic like days gone past .For any newcomers anything goes on our rants .

RE: Sssshhhhh - JonTom - 10-09-2015

I'll give you a topic - reports on Negril when Hurricane Joaquin was near by...

There were reports on TA (some from people with same/similar usernames on this board - I have no idea if they are one and the same) that there was no effect in Negril, "everything's fine", "come on down".

I was there and, while not nearly as scary or life-threatening as for those in Bahamas or on that ship, there was a HUGE difference in weather from the days preceding Thursday and those after.

Prior to the storm were days of the picture perfect weather one dreams of in Negril - flat, clear water, hot sun, occasional clouds, brief drizzle.

Thursday was heavy, heavy surf; Very strong winds (whistling through buildings, a few large limbs down, that sort of wind - and for at least 24 hours). Heavy, heavy driven rains into Friday AM.

Sure, by Saturday things were mostly calmed down, and I don't think it was any reason to change travel plans, but personally I found the info posted on TA misleading... reminds me of the rose-colored glasses board, not the truth.

RE: Sssshhhhh - rastagirl777 - 10-11-2015

I bet you've never been there for a hurricane that was even 100 miles off shore - much less 400 miles.

Not even close but when a storm like that (cat 5) affects the Atlantic it reaches throughout the Carribean.  What Jamaica experienced was light storm surge.  The storm surges from Michele and Dean were far worse.

Ivan hovered off shore for 36 hours and some of us can remember the havoc it wreaked all over the southwestern part of the island.

And Gilbert made landfall in and around Negril.

While the weather was terrible for Joaquin the reason you were being told "come on down" is because compared to other storms this was pretty much a "non-event" everywhere but in the Carolinas.  (I was in DC at the time and the local news was putting such terror into the masses!)