The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Wendy et al speaking of Cats... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Wendy et al speaking of Cats... (/showthread.php?tid=101133)

Pages: 1 2

Wendy et al speaking of Cats... - rootswoman - 09-22-2015

Wendy has an incredible cat tale that I read on FB this summer. Wendy when you have some free time can you please share your story?

I have a similar story I am eager to tell.

My daughters 14 year old Kitty went missing from a hotel she was staying in two weeks ago.  The cat - named Duck is old, deaf and senile. She has been with my daughter since she was in High School.   Although she started out as an outdoor cat from a barn in Maine she ended up an indoor cat and has traveled to, and lived in, three different corners of the USA. In her ten years or so of being an indoor cat, she has never stopped trying to dash out the door.

My daughter lives in LA and was staying out past the Valley right off of the freeway.  It was 103 degrees F. the day the cat went missing.  She (the cat) was the litter runt and has always had breathing issues. 

It is my daughters last day having to work in the Valley - she decided to check the shelters one last time before starting work on the opposite side of the city.

Today after being gone for 14 days, there on the website at the city shelter was Duck"s picture!  She is fine! 

They are reunited and I am such a happy grand cat mom.

RE: Wendy et al speaking of Cats... - Likkle Red - 09-23-2015

So happy your daughter and Duck are back together again!  I just love a happy ending!!!

RE: Wendy et al speaking of Cats... - Oldtimer2 - 09-23-2015

MEOW !!!!! PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!

RE: Wendy et al speaking of Cats... - Schuttzie - 09-23-2015

Awww, poor thing!  I'm so glad that Duck is OK and back with your daughter.

My parents' dog, Goofy (14yr Boston Terrier), wandered away from their home in the country one night and they couldn't find him anywhere....they were incredibly upset and crying.  Mom called me in the morning to tell me they were up all night trying to find him in the dark.  He is almost completely deaf and almost blind with cataracts.

We drove out there and I started scanning the farm fields of corn and beans.  We found him while driving and he was wandering around in circles in the bean field about 2-3 miles from home.  If he had been in the corn, we'd never have found him.  He had crossed a creek and was muddy and wet and just kept heading south because (we think) at home they have a long driveway and walking back up to the house is south.  I ran over to him and had to tap him on the shoulder get his attention and picked him up. He was so happy to be found.  But after a minute I had to put him down to readjust my jacket and he turns around and heads back south again, lol. 

Poor Goofy had been wandering around all night long.  He got his name because of all the odd behaviors he has, lol, but has always been a good dog.

RE: Wendy et al speaking of Cats... - jitterbug - 09-23-2015

i'm not sure who is more traumatized when the pet gets lost . . . the pet or the owner? . . . glad all were re-united!

RE: Wendy et al speaking of Cats... - CardBoardBox - 09-23-2015

Humor, and a nice ending.
1. What's the difference between a wife and a dog? After being locked in the basement for three days, the dog is happy to see you. (you locked them down there.)

2. Dog spends a week near another dog trapped in a pit, and fetches help. The short story:
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150918/us-odd-dog-guards-dog-a37321cf24.html

RE: Wendy et al speaking of Cats... - jitterbug - 09-24-2015

dogs and cats are amazing . . . a lot more faithful than humans . . . 

RE: Wendy et al speaking of Cats... - wendy - 09-26-2015

My missing indoor cat started out one day while mowing the lawn, i noticed this huge hawk that ive never seen before hanging in my tree.....he was so big i was going to stop mowing to go grab my camera but since i had plans for the afternoon and my yard takes 3 hrs to mow i kept at it. This was on a weekend, and when monday came my cats where out on the front porch where they like to lay in the sun and when i went to let them in only one was there....hmmmmm. I looked everywhere. I needed to head off to work so when i returned i then checked in the house, in closets, under beds etc..thinking i would find her, nope. Then i noticed the hawk gone, my cat is gone now....bingo, hawk must have swooped in in her Sad   Everyday for a week i would walk the fields, the woods, search in trees....nothing, not even remains. After 7 days i pretty much gave up my daily search. 11 days into her missing, one late evening i hear this pawing and frantic meowing at my front door, thinking i forgot the one cat left outside i open the door expecting to see remaining cat. To my surprise theres Topaz's face !!!!!!!! the missing/dead cat !!!!!  I'm like wtf !  she looked good, although i could feel her back bone/spine pretty lumpy. She slept with me that night and in the morning i left for work. When i got home i decided to groom her...being careful as when i had checked her out i ded finf talon marks on her shoulders that after 11 days were scabbed over, but one of the combs tines broke open one of her wounds, ugh, white crap kept oooozing out, brought her to vet....she was severly dehydrated with a high temp.  they cleaned out her wound, hooked her up with fluids etc...   Topaz has returned to great health and most of all......she's home !!!! This is where wouldnt it had been great to have had a go-pro camera on her ?? Smile  Did the hawk bring her far away and when he landed to eat her up she then got away ? was she too heavy for him and dropped her ? Where did she hide all this time while her wounds healed ? She now has 8 more lives to GO !!!!

RE: Wendy et al speaking of Cats... - wendy - 09-26-2015

oops....forgot a photo of my Topaz
[attachment=2205]

RE: Wendy et al speaking of Cats... - Likkle Red - 09-26-2015

I am so glad that Topaz got away from the hawk and home to her mommie!