The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Rootswoman and dread - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Rootswoman and dread (/showthread.php?tid=101097)

Rootswoman and dread - oldtimer - 08-31-2015

It might be hard to believe but my youngest daughter is a very good photographer , a lot of it has to do with Dread . She was in the process of sailing around the world on a tallship (13 months as a crew member ) and I would show her pics that Dread posted ( many years ago ) and I emailed Dread and his advice then was to think outside the box . Many months later my daughter was in New York with the ship and she went on one of her (let me be alone walks ) and it was raining and she was standing on the sidewalk in front of the Empire State Building . There was a big puddle next the sidewalk and she noticed that all the taxi's were splashing people there . So what she did she waited until a yellow taxi came zooming along and she layed down beside the street and took a pick of the water splashing up and it perfectly made a frame of the license plate , and she got soaked . The taxi driver stopped thinking he had hit her but found a young soaked sailor with a camera . He drove her back to the ship but they stopped for coffee on the way . This pic won her an international Holy f*** pic in a sailor's international journal pic contest . She has travelled 26 ,000 nautical miles and has taken 1,000's of pics mostly because of Dread . She is my daughter that I thought would carry on my fishing life but no !!!!....she is a geologist but....has given me 3 lovely grandchildren . Funny how things play out...eh !!!

RE: Rootswoman and dread - Blues Pirate - 08-31-2015

Great storey. Lets see the photo.

RE: Rootswoman and dread - oldtimer - 08-31-2015

I don't have it she does and it would be almost impossible for me to post it . BUT !!!!! I'll try to get her to email the pic and then I can email it someone who can do this .

RE: Rootswoman and dread - rootswoman - 08-31-2015

What an amazing story OT!

I too would love to see the picture. If you can get the picture from your daughter you can send it to us and we can post it. 

So OT - any chance of jamaica last week of Jan - first ten days of Feb?

It was a great morning for us to read this - we are on our way to the annual Dahlia festival to shoot some flowers. 

You put a big smile on my face!

RE: Rootswoman and dread - dreadneck - 08-31-2015

Wow, old timer, thanks for sharing that story! It's hard to influence anybody when making a conscious effort, in person, so it's a big surprise to hear about making a difference thousands of miles away. 

I'd love to see her photos!

RE: Rootswoman and dread - Bruce - 08-31-2015

(08-31-2015, 11:09 AM)rootswoman Wrote:  It was a great morning for us to read this - we are on our way to the annual Dahlia festival to shoot some flowers. 

Post some of the results here please!

RE: Rootswoman and dread - oldtimer - 08-31-2015

I was just talking to my daughter . All her pics and things like that are in storage . She and family moved to Vancouver 3 years ago and are going to be moving back next year . THEN !!!!!! I'll be able to post some of those pics . She said to say " Thank you " that she never forgot your pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Rootswoman and dread - kylake - 08-31-2015

Nice story and I am sure when you get the pics multiple folks on this board would be happy to post them for you, myself included.

RE: Rootswoman and dread - rootswoman - 09-02-2015

OT - You must be so happy to have your daughter moving back - I sure hate being far away from mine.  

Don't worry if it takes time to share the photos- that's the one thing we have!

Kylake, your a good man.  I truly appreciate the time and energy you put into this forum.