The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Jerk sauce recipe - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Jerk sauce recipe (/showthread.php?tid=101088)

Jerk sauce recipe - LostBeachBum - 08-26-2015

Hi everyone,

Laying here bored and in pain so I decided to share one of my prized recipes with you all. Sorry no measurements., that would make it too easy… Too many years of trial and error!

JERK SAUCE:

Scallion
Onion
Tomato
Bonnet Peppers
Fresh Garlic
Fresh Ginger
Fresh Thyme
Lime juice + zest ( Whole lime if using vitamin or similar)
Soy sauce
browning
50/50 cider vinegar/white distilled vinegar
50/50 orange juice/apple juice
MSG or Maggie
Brown sugar
All spice berries (pimento)
Cinnamon
Nutmeg (fresh grated)
Cardamom
Black pepper (whole corns if possible)

Note: The first 8 ingredients can be made into a coarse paste and added to a variety of dishes while cooking like brown stew chicken, gumbo or oxtail soup. It's also a fantastic base for other marinades or a great wet rub when mixed with a little oil.

The sauce: Once blended, heat to a simmer and cook for at least 20 minutes. If using a vitamix, do not over blend as this will alter the flavor. Depending on soy sauce used, salt might be needed to taste, do this after the sauce has cooked. If not grilling meat over charcoal, add a few TSP of liquid smoke to the sauce. Lump charcoal and pimento wood chunks work best to replicate the taste of Jamaica. Mesquite with lots of pimento berries thrown on the hot coals works well too. Add very cold meat to grill just after you throw on the dried berries then close the lid. When cooking pork, I use a dry rub then inject and marinate with a bit of sauce that has extra peppers and lime to penetrate. For chicken, I just marinate overnight. If you are serious about grilling, barbecuing or cooking amazing roasted meats, buy yourself a meat injector. Enjoy!

Dry rub:

Granulated garlic
Granulated onion
Ginger powder
Dried thyme
Smoked paprika
Habanero powder or Cayenne pepper
brown sugar
all spice
cinnamon
nutmeg
cardamom
salt and pepper

Note: Use smoked salt and freeze dried lime powder if you can find it.

RE: Jerk sauce recipe - kylake - 08-27-2015

Thanks LBB for the basic recipe for your Jerk sauce. I know you are a professional cook and I am just a guy that likes to cook. I make my own b-b-que sauce and I always add some celery seed to the sauce as I cook it down. You might try some celery seed sometime if you have not already.

RE: Jerk sauce recipe - rootswoman - 08-28-2015

Thanks!  Sounds great!

RE: Jerk sauce recipe - rastagirl777 - 08-28-2015

Sounds good - I use jerk recipes I've garnered from some of my favorite Jamaican chefs.  I don't do soy so I tend not to use DeBuss' recipe - my flavors are more savory, no fruit.  I sometimes do a wet marinade, sometimes a dry rub.  Just need to plan ahead, I like to marinate my meat overnight.