The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Four shot in Hanover; 2 foreigners injured - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Four shot in Hanover; 2 foreigners injured (/showthread.php?tid=101077)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Four shot in Hanover; 2 foreigners injured - Winni - 08-20-2015

Westie, agree again, many many ppl who have hired someone to do some work, pay terribly if at all.  I'm thinking construction/labourers in general.

I'm not an Economics major by any means, so I beg the question, where do you begin to build up this nation?

RE: Four shot in Hanover; 2 foreigners injured - Firemon - 08-20-2015

(08-18-2015, 08:31 PM)rastagirl777 Wrote:  This is what I don't get - why go at all Hedo?  Staying within resort walls you can be anywhere.

I'd love to stay at an A/I if I could afford it.  Looks like they're having a blast.  Great food, music, entertainment, water sports, beautiful grounds, bars everywhere...fly home on the plane with a big smile on your suntanned face.  (See also Tropical Vacation). Why go at all?  Seriously?  One Love. 

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Chairman-satisfied-with-consultation-on-minimum-wage_19224678

Speaking of wages... lordy...

I wonder what the Chairman and Committee are earning a year?

(08-20-2015, 10:14 AM)Firemon Wrote:  
(08-18-2015, 08:31 PM)rastagirl777 Wrote:  This is what I don't get - why go at all Hedo?  Staying within resort walls you can be anywhere.

I'd love to stay at an A/I if I could afford it.  Looks like they're having a blast.  Great food, music, entertainment, water sports, beautiful grounds, bars everywhere...fly home on the plane with a big smile on your suntanned face.  (See also Tropical Vacation). Why go at all?  Seriously?  One Love. 

I get what R777 is saying.  If you are not comfortable with recent events, why go to Jamaica at all, when there are many other beautiful places to go to and stay in the AI.  If you are going to stay in the AI but be outside of it most of the time, then why stay in the AI?

RE: Four shot in Hanover; 2 foreigners injured - Blues Pirate - 08-20-2015

It's just a matter of time until a tourist is caught in the crossfire and killed then it will no longer be pigeon holed as a local vs local thing and everything will be f**ked up. Until then keep your heads down.

RE: Four shot in Hanover; 2 foreigners injured - Winni - 08-21-2015

Well I pray that won't happen BP.  I still believe there are many types of tourists.. those who know nothing and stay in the AI and don't venture out.  those who think they know something, cause they stay outside the AI and go some places; yikes, I was gonna go on, but it just occurred to me the list is too long...

I think it comes down to what the idea of 'tourist' is.  To me, it is based on knowledge... not the number of times you go etc.

RE: Four shot in Hanover; 2 foreigners injured - rastagirl777 - 08-23-2015

Agreed Winni "those who THINK they know something" - usually those are the ones that find themselves in funky situations more often than not.  It used to be you could be one of those tourists and those funky situations turned into funny stories.  These days one needs to be more careful and really KNOW what they do not know...that would be the only way that a tourist might be caught in the cross-fire as BP says.  Sit back, observe LISTEN to the locals.  Don't be reckless with your own life but don't walk in fear either.  Tourists can still enjoy all Negril has to offer and stay safe.  Tourists will still find far many more GOOD people in Negril than bad.